Manager - Healthcare Provider, Enterprise Health System Solutions Cerner
Health Care Provider: Enterprise Health System Solutions Manager - Cerner
The Team - About Our Provider Enterprise Health Systems Solutions Practice
Deloitte works with healthcare operational leaders and clinicians to lead them in their efforts to tailor a successful approach for improving patient care delivery and reducing administrative costs - while complying with electronic health record (EHR) mandates. This is where experience matters. Our consulting teams include former industry operational leaders, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and technologists that have helped leading healthcare systems, academic medical centers and community healthcare systems and independent facilities realize significant cost savings while transforming how they serve patients. Working side-by-side with our client clinicians and operational leaders, we design solutions that meet our clients' financial, operational and performance improvement goals. Learn more about our EHSS practice.
Work you'll do
Managers are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte Consulting professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization. Responsibilities typical of a manager on one of these projects could include:
· Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
· Oversee work plans for multiple components of an engagement
· Manage activities across work streams
· Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets
· Conduct client interviews and facilitate meetings
· Develop process flows identifying challenges and opportunities in business processes
· Conduct detailed analyses, draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
· Design, manage, and apply quality review to deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
· Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
· Mentor and develop junior staff
Strategy & Operations
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients' organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients' roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice
Deloitte's Operations Transformation practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise, we transform our clients' core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
We bring the breadth and depth of Deloitte's capabilities to our clients, delivering real value by designing and running impactful transformation programs. Learn more about our Operations Transformation Practice
· Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
· 6+ years of professional experience in a health care provider, health plan, or consulting setting (or 4+ years with MBA/MHA/equivalent master degree), which includes 2+ years in clinical information systems operations with at least 1 lifecycle implementation of Cerner ( prefer Cerner Revenue Cycle - Cerner Patient Accounting experience)
· Professional competence in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
· Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills
· Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings
· Commitment to personal and professional growth
· Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client
· Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
· Record of consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
· Willingness and ability to travel 80%
· Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
· Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA) from a top tier program
· 2+ years of management consulting experience in a health care related field
· Certification in Epic or Cerner, or training or experience in other Clinical Information Systems (CIS)
· Experience working on or leading large-scale CIS implementation initiatives, including development of documentation templates, clinical content, testing scripts, training plans, and implementation plans
· Experience in clinical workflow redesign
· Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
· Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRSF115-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top