Manager - Forensics and Investigation Services
Manager – Forensic and Investigation Services
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Forensic and Investigation Services
The Forensic and Investigation Services practice helps counsel with challenging financial and economic issues in complex litigation and other business dispute cases. We provide valuable financial insight and clarity to counsel during all stages of a business dispute, from case theory development and discovery to expert witness testimony.
We are seeking qualified Managers to join the Forensic & Investigation Services practice:
Our Forensic and Investigation Services professionals review accounting and business records and provide detailed analysis to help uncover essential facts and insights. We can bring to bear the range of our forensic investigation skill set to help our clients understand and analyze events or issues and prepare to deal with them. We have developed methodologies and strategies that help clients handle difficult circumstances.
With decades of dispute consulting experience and through thousands of cases of various types and descriptions, we have a solid track record of helping counsel with challenging financial and economic issues in complex litigation and other business dispute cases. We are trained to provide financial insight and clarity to counsel during the various stages of a business dispute, from case theory development and discovery to expert witness testimony.
The Forensic and Investigation Services Manager job responsibilities may include:
- Design the scope of work for various engagements
- Perform complete analysis of accounting, finance, economic issues in the context of business transactions; provide recommendations where applicable
- Prepare and execute detailed work plans for various engagements in forensic investigations and dispute services
- Review and demonstrate experience managing daily aspects of client relationships and projects
- Excellent writing skills and preparation of final draft deliverables on diverse projects, including accounting and fraud investigations and complex business litigation matters
- Balance multiple client projects and other responsibilities
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
- Coach, mentor, counsel, and provide job training for staff
- Manage project teams averaging 3 - 15 personnel
- Research market issues and identify market opportunities
- Lead preparation of proposals and participate in marketing initiatives
- Lead internal initiatives and practice management projects
- Build client base and internal (cross-functional) and external relationships
- Effectively manage risk associated with engagements
Forensic and Investigation Managers will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of technical and financial advisory related experience related to accounting, forensic accounting, investigation or litigation services preferred
- Demonstrated experience in business and strategic planning, managing client relationships
- 5+ years experience with Forensic Accounting and/or Investigations
- Demonstrated experience delivering a broad range of innovative and value-added services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible with the travel requirements of client service projects
- Bachelors required;
- CPA, FCPA, CFE or Masters in Accounting required; MBA, ASA, and/or CFA, a plus
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Public accounting or audit experience in a professional services firm preferred
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- A strong accounting, finance, and/or economics background preferred
Requisition code: E18NATEMGRSK001-FA
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top