Manager, fixed income securities, distressed loans, hedge funds, private equity
National Federal Tax Services, Tax Accounting & Reporting for Debt Investments (TARDI) – Manager GAM
Interested in taking your tax and business experience to a whole new level – outside traditional Big 4 compliance? Want to work with some of the largest, most sophisticated hedge funds, private equity firms, and financial institutions in the world? Want to join a talented team of technology-focused, financial products specialists. If you have strong project management skills and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is the place for you!!
Work you'll do:
As a Manager in TARDI, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a combination of tools developed by Deloitte's TARDI and Partnerships Solutions practices to assist with the complex tax and reporting needs of all types of fixed income securities.
- Pursuing new client opportunities among all holders of distressed loan, bond, MBS, and ABS securities.
- Managing teams organized to provide our clients with workable solutions to their tax accounting and information reporting needs.
- Contributing to practice optimization, eminence, and people development.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
One of our rapidly-growing service offerings is our Tax Accounting & Reporting for Debt Investments (TARDI) practice. Those pursuing investment opportunities in fixed income are consistently challenged to properly address complex tax accounting and effective data management. Through a combination of tools developed by Deloitte's Securitization and Partnerships Solutions practices, we can assist with the sophisticated tax and reporting needs inherent in debt securities.
- 5+ years' business analysis experience in financial services industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with management and executive presence
- Participation in all aspects of strategic engagement planning initiatives
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18MCLTMGRFS012-NFT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top