Manager - Finance - Strategy & Operations Consulting
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world’s leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities- people, process and technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Strategy & Operations
Executable strategy requires fusing insightful thinking with disciplined execution to achieve breakthrough performance. Today, senior executives grapple with attaining profitable growth, strategically managing costs and intelligently navigating risk. Such challenges require more than identifying new possibilities and making tough choices.
Our Strategy and Operations teams bring deep industry experience, rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to our clients’ most complex business problems. Our strategy capabilities span corporate and business unit strategy, M&A strategy, and sales and marketing. Our operational capabilities reflect the unique issues facing manufacturing organizations, service businesses and infrastructure operations. These are joined with capabilities in finance, performance management and business restructuring.
Our finance professionals are aligned with an S&O service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients’ business issues.
Our Finance service line focuses on the needs of the CFO and the Finance function. We help CFOs drive value for their organizations through improved decision making, finance controllership and corporate governance. The Finance service line serves clients using multiple service offerings: CFO Strategies, Finance Service Delivery Model, M&A Finance, Integrated Performance Management, Business Partnering, CFO Advance Analytics, and Finance Operations.
A candidate must meet the minimum experience in one or more of the below:
Must have a minimum of 6 years Finance Strategies or Finance Service Delivery:
- Finance capability assessment
- Strategic planning
- Capital allocation strategy
- CFO onboarding
- Finance visioning and road map development
- Finance cost reduction
- Finance competency and organization design
- Finance shared services and F&A outsourcing strategy development.
Must have a minimum of 6 years in FP&A. Experience must include:
- Planning and Forecasting
- Financial Analytics
- Performance score carding
- Management reporting
- Finance information strategy processes
- Key performance indicator (KPI) design
Must have a minimum of 6 years in Finance Operations. Experience must include:
- Process improvements for order to cash, procure to pay, record to report, close, consolidate, report, etc.
- Finance controllership
- Corporate governance
- Identifying transactional vs. analytical
- Capital productivity
Must have a minimum of 6 years in M&A Finance. Experience must include:
- Pre-deal assessment
- Pre-IPO readiness
- Pre-merger day 1 readiness
- Post-merger integration
- Operating Model Design
- Financial Reporting & Consolidation
- Finance synergy capture
- Managers will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Managers implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Managers can lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
- A minimum of 6 years consulting and/or industry experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Ability to travel 100% required.
In addition, successful Managers will also have the following preferred skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRHM803-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top