Manager - Audit/Attest Engagement Monitoring - Independence Compliance - Nashville
Engagement Monitoring Manager
Do you enjoy a high visibility role and interaction with client service professionals and other firm leaders? Are you passionate about protecting and enhancing an organization's reputation? The the Engagement Monitoring team is looking for talent like you!
Work you'll do
As an Engagement Monitoring Manager, you'll use your analytical, research and investigative skills to:
- Lead engagement independence inspections and business relationship monitoring. Identify leading practices, areas for improvement, and causal factors, as applicable.
- Analyze the results of the inspection procedures applied to specific engagements and business relationships and report results. Work with engagement and finance teams to solve problems and perform remediation.
- Provide consultation and insights with engagement team leadership as to how to fully comply with independence and Firm policy requirements and enhance engagement teams' processes for efficiency and compliance.
- Lead and/or participate in project work to enhance processes as well as policies, guides, tools, and training to support engagement teams and finance/procurement groups.
- Assist in the planning, time budgeting, scheduling and execution of various monitoring procedures and project work.
- Become a subject-matter expert in SEC independence regulation, PCAOB Rules and Deloitte US Firms Independence policies as well as evaluate permissibility of services provided to our clients. Stay current with emerging issues impacting independence regulation and analyze the impact of matters impacting Firm processes, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, train, assign workloads, and supervise seniors and staff, while motivating seniors and staff and providing them with career coaching and guidance.
- Initiate discussions, meetings, and conference calls necessary to resolve independence matters while fostering teaming relationships (inside and outside of Independence organization).
Independence & Conflicts Network
The Independence & Conflicts Network team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest, in fact and appearance, when providing services to attest/audit clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so and maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
The Independence Monitoring team performs a critical quality assurance and risk management function for the Deloitte US Firms by monitoring compliance with regulatory rules issued by the SEC, PCAOB and AICPA, and Deloitte Independence policies. Monitoring compliance with regulatory rules and Deloitte independence policies is essential to the firm's business and reputation.
- BA / BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5+ years of related experience in professional services
- 1+ years of experience of managing, including supervising staff and monitoring projects
- Demonstrated experience in auditing financial statements or business processes and/or identifying, documenting, and testing of controls
- Strong written and oral communication skills; experience with spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation packages, preferably Microsoft Office
- Self – starter with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and closure; strong interpretive skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to operate independently and thrive in a fast paced, highly flexible organization with a high need for confidentiality
- Experience and ability to work with high level leadership for problem resolution, strategy, and process decision making.
- Limited travel may be required (approximately 10-15%)
Professional certification, such as CPA or CIA
Professional experience such as public accounting client-service experience (e.g., audit or tax), or comparable National Office or operational audit experience preferred
An understanding of Independence requirements for professional auditing firms
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area for which you're applying. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NASSMGRJD037-USL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top