Manager, Application Architecture
Deloitte Services LP seeks a Manager, Application Architecture in Hermitage, TN.
Work You’ll Do
Provide technical and architectural leadership for Microsoft .NET web applications. Create project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices. Define technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determine technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design. Lead technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, and detailed design specifications to ensure that architecture standards are followed. Apply research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations; provide expert knowledge of application architecture to business and technology teams. Facilitate the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices. Provide support and guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes. Work with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, and strategies to anticipate future business and technology needs. Review and approve third party integration solution architecture. Communicate implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT leadership. Define and validate technical requirements and establish traceability between requirements and application architecture and design. Develop project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables and work with Performance Engineering and Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture and providing guidance on mobile application development. Design disaster recovery strategy based on required RTO/RPO to ensure business continuity for a project. Seek and capitalize on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness.
- Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience designing, developing, and deploying architecture and infrastructure Microsoft .NET web applications.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Creating project and application architecture deliverables complying with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices;
- Interfacing with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business and technology needs;
- Performing project scoping, including determining project objectives, scope, approach, estimates, deliverables, initial product architectures design and verification;
- Utilizing various source code control tool-set for code management, and integrating various third party control with ASP.NET, and utilizing ADO.NET to access data, and overseeing source code configuration management and integration using Jenkins and IBM Build-Forge;
- Architecting enterprise solutions based on web services (Web Services, SOAP services, and WCF);
- Creating architectural diagrams using different modeling tools, including Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio, and designing database schema including various versions of Microsoft SQL Server;
- Leading development teams during analysis, design reviews, development, code reviews, testing, and performance engineering processes, and providing technical and architectural leadership, and developing and supporting long term product strategy for channel applications;
- Capturing non-functional requirements and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture and design; and
- Performing configuration management using different version control tools (TFS, SVN, and JenKins).
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience as stated above.
- Position requires approximately 5% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH17FS0117PSC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top