Manager, Application Architecture
Deloitte Services LP seeks a Manager, Application Architecture in Hermitage, TN.
Work You'll Do
Produce solution design documentation for complex enterprise applications with expert attention to all architectural qualities in mind for various line-of-business applications. Provide technical and architectural leadership on a portfolio of enterprise applications. Manage a team of architects governing Solution Architecture Practice processes and guidelines. Mentor architects and lead technical design sessions with architects and developers, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, and detailed design specifications ensuring that architecture standards are followed. Create project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices. Responsible for defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design. Apply research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations. Advise and consult Deloitte Application Studios leadership on technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements. Work with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business and technology needs. Provide expert knowledge of solution and application architecture, and consult with business and other ITS technology teams. Improve processes to ensure alignment between the business strategies and application technology roadmap. Review and approve third-party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy. Communicate implications of architectural decisions, issues and plans to business and IT Leadership. Define and validate non-functional (technical) requirements, and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture and design. Provide input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, as needed. Provide support and guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes. Provide expert knowledge of application architecture, and consulting with business and technology teams. Work closely with Performance Engineering and our Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture. Participate, and technically lead when needed, production troubleshooting and 'war room' activities. Participate in technical design sessions led by Application Architects, as needed. Review and approve all application architecture for the channel is in line with Deloitte Application Studios channel strategy, business strategy, and Enterprise Architecture. Stay abreast of changes in vendor landscape, and provide guidance around Deloitte Application Studios' long term vendor strategy towards SAP and Microsoft products. Seek and capitalize on the opportunities to improve productivity, time-to-market, solutions quality, and cost effectiveness. Improve processes to ensure alignment between the business strategies and application technology roadmap. Anticipate barriers to change and create opportunities to remove them. Create a culture which is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices. Exhibit high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas. Drive the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience performing web and distributed application architecture implementation.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Creating project and application architecture deliverables complying with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices;
- Interfacing with product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business and technology needs;
- Performing project scoping, including determining project objectives, scope, approach, estimates, deliverables, initial product architectures design and verification;
- Designing web-based technologies and Windows platforms;
- Performing CRUD Operations on heterogeneous and homogeneous data sources, load balancing traffic, debugging and logging, and encryption and security;
- Providing design and technical solutions, and develop architecture documentation for review, approvals, and presentations;
- Leading and coordinating both onshore and offshore teams to deliver products, and training and mentoring team members;
- Capturing non-functional requirements and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture and design; and
- Performing application development utilizing SharePoint, ASP.NET, Web Services, SOAP using SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), and Onion Architecture, and using Design Patterns.
- In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as noted above.
- Position requires 5% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FS0617PSC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top