Manager: Application Management Services (AMS)
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients . By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Our service lines include:
- Technology Strategy & Architecture
- Information Management
- SAP Package Technologies
- Oracle Package Technologies
- Distinct Package Technologies
- Systems Integration
- Application Management Services: Provide complete production application support and continuous improvement services for custom and COTS (largely ERP) applications. Develop the post implementation go-live support environment, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client applications and technology infrastructure.
About Application Management Services
Deloitte Consulting's Applications Management Services (AMS) practice leverages extensive experience in enterprise application implementations, custom development and system integration projects. Deloitte has implemented hundreds of SAP, Oracle, and custom applications. Building on this strong legacy, our AMS practice includes professionals who are responsible for maintaining and continuously improving client applications and technology infrastructure.
Managers with Application Management Systems group will manage and deliver client outsourcing engagements.
Application Management Delivery and/or Functional/Technical experience in Oracle, SAP or custom application systems is preferred. Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: managing engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defines deliverable content, ensures buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Business Development: develops and maintains contact with top decision makers at key clients, organizes and leads pursuit teams, participating and leading aspects of the proposal development process, contributes to proposal pricing strategy.
- Practice Development & Eminence: development of solutions and methodologies, development of "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents, public speaking and publication in industry periodicals.
- People Development: performs role of counselor and coach, provides input and guidance into the firms staffing process, and actively participates in staff recruitment and retention activities.
- Managers exhibit proven application management delivery experience
- Seven or more year's relevant industry or consulting experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Extensive travel is required.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Link
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRTK701-AMS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top