Management Consultant-Insurance Industry Practice (Sr. Consultant)
Today’s business challenges present a new wave of HR, talent and organization priorities. Deloitte’s Human Capital services leverage research, analytics and industry insights to help improve our clients’ organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? Deloitte offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees’ development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
Work you’ll do
As a Risk Insurance Claims Sr. Consultant, you will provide technical, project management, business process redesign, analytical support, and strategic advisory services in a consulting environment to our Financial Services – Insurance industry sector clients. The job functions include the following:
- Provide management consulting advisory services to executives in the insurance industry across business functions such as underwriting, claims, IT, finance and accounting
- Lead project work streams and engagements including the management of staff practitioners
- Support clients’ most strategic business transformation projects including: issue analysis and business case development, process redesign, technical and functional requirements design assistance, and operational improvement
- Assist in project management of complex projects consisting of diverse practitioners across Technology, Strategy & Operations, and Human Capital
- Coordinate with tax, accounting, regulatory, and other professionals in delivering comprehensive solutions for clients
- Support practice management opportunities (e.g. people management, service offering development, etc.) for the Insurance Industry practice
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Human Capital professionals work closely with clients around the world to develop effective and efficient people-centered solutions. Our team helps clients define their talent strategy and align it with their executive business vision using innovative strategic frameworks that enhance HR service delivery models, set the stage for continuously improving operational excellence, and reimagines the HR brand. Learn more about our Human Capital practice.
Our Human Capital professionals who specialize in Actuarial services apply advanced quantitative analysis to a wide range of business challenges. We use leading-edge statistical methods to quantify risk of Health, Life, P&C, and Retirement plans for clients. Learn more about our Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA)
- 5 years of experience in an insurance company or consulting environment
- Experience managing small to medium sized teams
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time
- Master of Business Administration
- Operational experience across various insurance functions including claims, underwriting, distribution, reinsurance, and finance or consulting experience with a major firm having delivered projects to insurance industry clients
- Insurance industry experience in Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy, M&A Integration or with internal operational consulting functions a plus
- Background in property and casualty insurance (personal and/or commercial) and/or life annuity
- Project experience in business process improvement and re-engineering, new technology/systems deployments, strategy and planning
- Quantitative ability to analyze data
- Quick learner that enjoys a stream of new challenges
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including overtime
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products with a focus on PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and as an individual
- Strong work ethic and desire to help clients improve their businesses
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRCEQ1220-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top