Mainframe Application Modernization Developer
Mainframe Application Modernization Developer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
As an Application Modernization Developer, you will work as part of the Application Modernization Organization in the Technology Team. This self-starter will support application modernization projects across industries. You will work with a project team on application modernization projects to help transform application code written in legacy languages (COBOL, DB2 and others) into modern languages such as Java. This process helps our clients solve problems, improve operations, and update their applications more easily, quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively. You will not work alone; rather, you will work alongside smart, dynamic colleagues in the digital transformation journey of taking legacy mainframe applications to modern platforms, mobile and cloud.
- Developing code enhancements to the modernized systems per requirements
- Working with Batch architecture including analysis of batch inputs and outputs
- Unit testing of modernized code and document the results
- Developing and providing input to deliverables as required
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years' experience required
- Looking for both Solution Specialist and Senior Solution Specialist level
- Experience with application architecture or solution development with Cobol, DB2, JCL, VSAM and Java, JEE(J2EE)
- Experience working on large technology engagements or in a development environment
- Experience with Mainframe modernization projects
- Experience working as an analyst or developer through system migrations, updates, or implementations
- Demonstrated experience executing the SDLC against multiple technology projects
- Strong analysis skills
- Demonstrated understanding of code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
- Experience in Object Orientated Programming/Design
- Experience with database design
- Ability to communicate and work in a project team environment
- A strong desire to work hands-on with application code and perform deep levels of analysis to troubleshoot outcomes and recommend resolution
- Consulting background a plus
- US Citizen and/or Green Card holder
- Willingness to work in the Orlando FL area
Requisition code: E18ORLCACSCT001-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top