M&A Rewards Restructuring Consulting Senior Manager
Today's business challenges present a new wave of HR, talent and organization priorities. Deloitte's Human Capital services leverage research, analytics and industry insights to help improve our clients' organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? Deloitte offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees' development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Consulting M&A Senior Manager in the Rewards practice of Deloitte's Human Capital group, you will be involved in the following:
- M&A Transaction Services: Perform Human Capital (some or all of Compensation, Benefits, HR Communications, Operations and Technology, Talent and Culture) due diligence identifying and quantifying transaction risks and opportunities. Our focus includes not only the traditional financial risks associated with compensation and benefit programs, but also the deal risks associated with HR operations and technology, organizational culture, and broad labor and talent.
- Post Merger Integration (PMI) & Divestiture: Our focus is on both the HR function integration including compensation, benefits, HR operations and technology, HR strategy, Talent and Culture and the broader enterprise-wide integration efforts including change management, organization design and workforce transition. Our approach to integration/divestiture focuses on identifying and mitigating potential risks and developing an end-state vision and strategy in order to maximize value realization opportunities.
- Enterprise Cost Management (ECM) & Restructuring: Materially improve the income statement and balance sheet through enterprise cost management and identify and execute expense reduction across the HR function and all HR programs and policies (compensation, benefits, employee programs), and manage enterprise change.
- Lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement M&A services for large companies or can lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Human Capital professionals work closely with clients around the world to develop effective and efficient people-centered solutions. Our team helps clients define their talent strategy and align it with their executive business vision using innovative strategic frameworks that enhance HR service delivery models, set the stage for continuously improving operational excellence, and reimagines the HR brand. Learn more about our Human Capital practice.
Our consultants work collaboratively with clients to develop competitive rewards programs so that they can recruit and retain talent effectively. In addition to applying these skills in traditional settings, our consultants provide advisory services related to these issues in mergers and acquisitions, governance and risk management, enterprise cost reduction efforts, and other transformational business initiatives. Learn more about our Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics practice.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with human resources mergers and acquisitions, restructuring or enterprise cost reduction required
- Minimum of 8 years consulting and/or industry experience
- Experience leading medium to large sized teams
- Ability to travel 80%
- 6+ years experience in human capital mergers and acquisitions consulting
- Demonstrated experience in finance statement and operations analytics
- Willingness to travel 100%
- In addition, successful Managers will also have the following preferred skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience leading medium to large sized teams
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRMJL004-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top