Life Actuary Consulting Specialist Master
Today's business challenges present a new wave of HR, talent and organization priorities. Deloitte's Human Capital services leverage research, analytics and industry insights to help improve our clients' organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? Deloitte offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees' development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Actuarial Modernization - Life Actuary Specialist Leader in the Insurance practice of Deloitte's Human Capital group, you will provide technical and analytical support in a consulting environment. The job functions include the following:
- Primarily responsible for producing and managing technically oriented work across a number of practice areas, including actuarial modernization, statutory and GAAP reporting, mergers and acquisitions, embedded value, and financial projections.
- Will also be involved in market and technical research, data resource and tool development, recruiting, training, and strategic planning.
- Be a team player who works well both with internal and client personnel and is expected to continue progress towards the actuarial designation and stay in compliance with the Actuarial Study Program.
- May lead large sized teams
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Human Capital professionals work closely with clients around the world to develop effective and efficient people-centered solutions. Our team helps clients define their talent strategy and align it with their executive business vision using innovative strategic frameworks that enhance HR service delivery models, set the stage for continuously improving operational excellence, and reimagines the HR brand. Learn more about our Human Capital practice.
Our Human Capital professionals who specialize in Actuarial services apply advanced quantitative analysis to a wide range of business challenges. We use leading-edge statistical methods to quantify risk of Health, Life, P&C, and Retirement plans for clients. Learn more about our Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics practice.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of Actuarial modeling experience
- General knowledge of life and annuity products
- Experience managing staff and leading medium to large sized teams
- Ability to travel at least 25%
- 8+ years of experience in an insurance company or consulting environment
- Proficiency using computer software such as Excel, Word, and Access.
- Familiarity with life insurance reserve calculation requirements and mechanics
- Experience with actuarial projection system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who enjoys working with multiple teams
- Enthusiasm for serving clients and helping to further develop our consulting practice
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSPMJL046-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top