Learning and Development Manager, Learning Design for Senior Leaders
Learning Manager for the Deloitte US Client Organization
Job Title/Job Code: Development Manager, Enabling Areas Learning
Career Level: Manager
Channel/Function: Talent/Development Center of Excellence (CoE)/Deloitte Services LP
Position Reports to: Leadership & Professional Development Leader, Enabling Areas Learning
Manage the vision and execution of the development curriculum for account-based roles within the Clients, Industries & Insights service area of the U.S. Client Organization in the U.S. These roles include:
- Lead Client Service Partners (LCSPs), in partnership the LCSP Development team
- Client Relationship Executives (CREs)
- Client Account Managers (CAMs)
You will be solving for the needs of PPMDs and professional staff who serve the firm's OCEO and Strategic accounts. Examples of development topics in recent years include relationships, revenue, risk management, innovation, disruption, and worldwide business and market trends.
You will produce two large conference-style events at Deloitte University each year.
Work you'll do:
Manage the vision and execution of the development curriculum for the Talent organization in the U.S. Create innovative learning designs for Deloitte most senior PPMD's. Design and execute pivotal annual learning events and ongoing learning paths. Partner closely with senior leader stakeholders to define development needs of the most senior leaders of the firm
- Development advisor: Serve as a credible and trusted advisor to stakeholders on effective and leading-edge learning and development strategies to achieve business goals.
- Needs assessment: Determine key development needs to achieve desired business outcomes
- Program design: Design innovative solutions to improve performance and engage the modern learner; appropriately leverage and manage internal and/or external resources, best practices and innovations.
- Program management: Execute with strong project management skills, including creating and monitoring work-plans, managing against milestones, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, why, and how often, and knowing when to escalate.
- Communications: Develop and deliver creative communication campaigns to communicate value and engage learners.
- Annual plan: Provide input into the annual plan and budget based on business priorities.
- Operations : Manage end-to-end program operations including budget, program delivery, evaluation/feedback and measurement of business impact.
- Continuous improvement: Use evaluation data to measure impact and improve learning programs; continuously assess delivery process improvement opportunities. Challenge the status quo to drive improved outcomes.
- Collaboration : Actively partner with colleagues in the US and India to ensure an optimized and common curriculum across geographies.
You'll be working on the Enabling Areas Learning team, within the Development Center of Excellence. In close partnership with clients, our team defines and delivers the learning experience for the ~13,000 professionals working across the US and India in Deloitte's major infrastructure groups such as Finance & Administration, Market Development, Risk, Strategy, Talent, and Technology.
We focus on delivery excellence and design innovations that meet the needs of the modern learner and incorporate the best of current and emerging design thinking, including beyond-the-classroom innovations, bite-sized learning, and on-demand learning.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- Established track record for taking a consultative approach to designing and delivering innovative learning programs with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs.
- Credible resource for leader development content, adult learning theories, leading-edge instructional design methods (including "beyond the classroom," bite-sized and on-demand), performance consulting, and change management.
- Significant program management experience with successfully planning, managing and delivering multiple, concurrent, and complex work streams in a matrixed organization with aggressive timelines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus.
- High level communication skills with leaders
- High initiative and passion for resolving complex business issues and moving solutions to the next level.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends.
- Strong critical thinking to identify interdependencies between issues, data, and outcomes; clear understanding of how moving pieces come together to build the big picture.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and insights in person, virtually, and in writing, succinctly and with impact, understanding what is relevant vs. what is "noise" to the audience.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills and ability to produce deliverables that carry a "stamp of excellence."
- In Excel, aggregate data, complete complex analysis, and display results visually.
- In PowerPoint, translate data into insights and tell a logically structured, succinct, and compelling story tailored to your audience; make clear and easily actionable asks.
- In Word, create clear, concise, professional written communications with a user-friendly layout that's conducive to cognition.
- Minimum 10 years of learning and development experience.
- Bachelor's degree and MBA or Master of Science in training and development, human resources development, education, organizational psychology, or related field preferred. Instructional Design experience strongly preferred.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRJM638-HRL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top