Lead Technologist - DC Innovation
Deloitte Consulting – Lead Technologist for Innovation
Today’s marketplace is simultaneously global and personal – where incremental improvements and baseline customer engagement are no longer sufficient to thrive. Organizations must leverage technology to grow revenue and brands in this era of accelerating change. If you are an innovator with proven experience developing new market solutions, identifying innovative growth opportunities, building brands, and mentoring professionals then Deloitte Consulting’s Innovation practice just might be for you.
Work You’ll Do
The Lead Technologist will own and drive key work streams to help advance and implement the bold plays including identifying key ecosystem alliances in specific strategic technology domains. The role will report to an Innovation Associate Director and Senior Director, with frequent interactions with the Director of Innovation, the Chief Innovation and Strategy Officers, and other senior leaders across Deloitte Consulting. This role can be viewed as a “Chief Technology Officer” of the organization who will provide deep exponential technology expertise in support of strategic initiatives and programs. Some of the key job responsibilities will be:
- Sensing new technologies and trends and how they impact Deloitte and our clients
- Translate trends and implications into meaningful content and delivers as part of internal and external education sessions
- Liaise with ecosystem in qualifying and scoping potential partnership and/or commercialization opportunities
- Responsible for leading ongoing efforts related to competitive intelligence and market sizing as well as launching a Sensing capability for the US ExCo and MO
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
- Master’s Degree from a top tier academic program preferred
- 10+ years’ experience of demonstrated strategic consulting or related experience in the following areas:
- Strategy development, competitive strategy, and scenario planning
- Business case development
- Survey design and analysis
- Organizational design
- Workshop facilitation
- Change management
- Deep expertise in exponential and emerging technologies and models (e.g. artificial intelligence, robotics, additive manufacturing, augmented reality/virtual reality, crowdsourcing, etc.)
- Strong network and relationships in startup community; ideally direct experience in one or more startups
- Strong understanding of innovation, structuring experimentation
- Strong understanding of corporate venturing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfort with delivering actionable feedback
- Ability to take accountability for timely, quality products for internal and external clients while managing various initiatives with competing priorities
- Professional curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Comfort with ambiguity
A cross-functional team within Deloitte’s Consulting Innovation Strategy & Ideation practice (Ecosystems & Exponentials), we advise some the world’s largest companies on the opportunities and threats of new and emerging technologies. Spanning the education, strategy, planning, and execution lifecycle, you will help manage the development of new methodologies for organizations to pilot and prove products and services in the face of accelerating change.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRMJD226-DCI
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top