Lead Resource Management Specialist, Federal
Lead Resource Management Specialist
Ourmission for Resource Management is to optimize deployment of our workforce byassigning our professionals to roles that satisfy the needs of our externalclients, develop our people, and support our strategic business priorities.
Work you'll do
ResourceManagement (RM) is the science and art of efficient and effective deploymentand re-deployment of the Firm's resources as and when they are needed. The goal of the RM function is to proactivelyengage with practitioners, gain meaningful understanding of their skills,experience and aspirations and identify the right opportunities for them. This individual will be responsible formanaging resources for Federal Consulting.
- Optimize utilization across the assigned practitioner population by making staffing decisions in support of the deployment strategy for the business or practice area
- Propose assigned practitioners with current or near-term availability to project assignments that align with their skills, professional goals, and/or staffing preferences
- Own and manage resource requests for assigned practice area by validating requirements, searching for candidates, and presenting candidates for consideration
- Support resource management teammates in filling their open resource requests by proposing candidates and responding to requests for information promptly
- Advise projects on how best to navigate and engage in the resource management processes, and make recommendations for improved outcomes
- Utilize all available RM tools and Deloitte resources to identify candidates and develop creative staffing solutions for open resource requests
- Develop and maintain relationships with key practice and industry leaders, and leverage these relationships to maximize deployment opportunities for assigned population
- Resolve staffing conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties, which may include identifying creative staffing alternatives and negotiating with projects and practitioners
- Influence project managers and practitioners to accept an alternate staffing outcomes by articulating the value and long-term or "big picture" benefits
- Escalate sensitive or high-risk staffing situations to RM and/or business leadership, as appropriate
- Actively maintain one-on-one relationships with assigned practitioners in order to develop detailed understanding of practitioner goals and preferences, as well as to provide deployment-related career coaching
- Maintain understanding of key resource management metrics and how these metrics impact practice financial performance
- Effectively utilize RM Information Services team to optimize Resource Manager time, maximize productivity, and ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Collaborate with RM Information Services team to confirm practitioner schedule details and collect schedule changes
- Collaborate with RM Information Services team to manage practitioner compliance with schedule confirmation, variance, resume, and skills requirements
- Collaborate with RM Information Services team to provide representative resumes or other resource management-related information in support of sales or proposal activities
- Support ongoing CTS resource management initiatives, as available and needed
RM Tools, RM Data Management, and Other Deloitte Technology
- Maintain high level of proficiency in all resource management tools and relevant Deloitte technology resources
- Maintain detailed knowledge of RM reporting capabilities and leverage shared RM reporting team for the production of all reports
- Collaborate effectively with RM IS team to ensure that schedule and resource request data (GSS, GSS Web, and/or StaffTrak) is current, complete, and accurate at all times
Knowledge of Our Business
- Maintain an understanding of the business, markets, and service offerings within assigned FSS and across Deloitte
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the practitioner skills profiles in the assigned FSS
- Maintain knowledge of other business areas in the firm that are relevant to the skills and experience of assigned practitioner population for the purposes of cross-staffing
- Maintain knowledge of the project pipeline in assigned practice area in order to manage available resources and advise on future supply and demand
- Proactively review staffing data for assigned population and develop meaningful insights on trends, forecast, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concern
- Collaborate with RM leaders and Deployment Advisors to provide practice leaders with resource management insights and recommendations
Collaborate effectively with Business Advisor and other CTSorganizations to provide seamless Talent support to the business, including:
AdvisorOrganization (Business & Deployment Advisors)
- Actively and promptly share relevant project- and practice-level resourcemanagement information and insights with Business and Deployment Advisors, asnecessary and appropriate
- Collaborate with the Business and Deployment Advisors to implementdeployment-related aspects of various Talent programs
Recruiting(Acquisition & Mobility)
- Provide input to recruiting order board based on current and expectedfuture demand
- Provide input on potential fit and deployment options for campus andexperienced hire candidates, as needed
- Collaborate with recruiting team to provide a smooth onboarding andfirst deployment experience to our new hires
- Maintain knowledge of relevant learning programs for assignedpractitioner population
- Recommend appropriate and relevant training to support practitioner andbusiness goals, including cross-training opportunities to increase utilization
- Communicate with project leadership and counselors on practitionerperformance and career goals
- Participate actively in the performance management process by providingrelevant input on practitioner participation in the staffing process,compliance with administrative requirements, utilization, and other performanceconsiderations.
- Collaborate with Finance Managers on forecasting and other analysis, asneeded
- Provide Finance Managers with all relevant utilization, project, andpractitioner information that may impact financial forecasting
The mission of Core Talent Services (CTS) improvesefficiencies and operational excellence, deliver strategic and transactionalservices, institutionalize operations efficiencies and quality and enhanceability to scale and reduce cost structure. CTS focus on delivery of bothstrategic and transactional services, either directly for the businesses or insupport of the Business Advisors and Centers of Excellence (CoEs).
- BAor BS undergraduate degree
- Minimumof 6 years of experience
- Strongcritical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Strongconflict resolution skills, including the abilities to negotiate and influenceothers
- Strongwritten and oral communication skills
- Abilityto manage and resolve complex and sensitive situations
- Abilityto multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Abilityto work both independently and collaboratively with large teams
- Abilityto manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
- Strongcompetency in core professional skills, especially: attention to detail,responsiveness, follow through, flexibility, initiative, and tact
- Strongproficiency with MS Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience in aprofessional services environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professionaldevelopment plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career toidentify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. Fromentry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room tolearn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-onexperience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences toformal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunitiesto continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a greatorganization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range ofbenefits. Learn moreabout what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages ourpeople to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizingtheir uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices thatcan help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offerwell-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain aculture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact thatmatters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with ourclients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. Wefocus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to helpdrive positive social impact in our communities. Learn moreabout Deloitte's impact on the world.
Wewant job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident.To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: knowsome background about the organization and the business area you're applyingto. Check outrecruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSLEACW571-HRL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top