Lead Resource Management Specialist, Audit
CTS Lead Resource Management Specialist
Our mission for Resource Management is to optimize deployment of our workforce by assigning our professionals to roles that satisfy the needs of our external clients, develop our people, and support our strategic business priorities.
Work you'll do
Resource Management (RM) is the science and art of efficient and effective deployment and re-deployment of the Firm's resources as and when they are needed. The goal of the RM function is to proactively engage with practitioners, gain meaningful understanding of their skills, experience and aspirations and identify the right opportunities for them. This individual will be responsible for managing resources for West Audit (San Jose preferred)
- Optimize utilization across the assigned practitioner population by making staffing decisions in support of the deployment strategy for the business or practice area
- Propose assigned practitioners with current or near-term availability to project assignments that align with their skills, professional goals, and/or staffing preferences
- Own and manage resource requests for assigned practice area by validating requirements, searching for candidates, and presenting candidates for consideration
- Support resource management teammates in filling their open resource requests by proposing candidates and responding to requests for information promptly
- Advise projects on how best to navigate and engage in the resource management processes, and make recommendations for improved outcomes
- Utilize all available RM tools and Deloitte resources to identify candidates and develop creative staffing solutions for open resource requests
- Develop and maintain relationships with key practice and industry leaders, and leverage these relationships to maximize deployment opportunities for assigned population
- Resolve staffing conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties, which may include identifying creative staffing alternatives and negotiating with projects and practitioners
- Influence project managers and practitioners to accept an alternate staffing outcomes by articulating the value and long-term or "big picture" benefits
- Escalate sensitive or high-risk staffing situations to RM and/or business leadership, as appropriate
- Actively maintain one-on-one relationships with assigned practitioners in order to develop detailed understanding of practitioner goals and preferences, as well as to provide deployment-related career coaching
- Maintain understanding of key resource management metrics and how these metrics impact practice financial performance
- Effectively utilize RM Information Services team to optimize Resource Manager time, maximize productivity, and ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Collaborate with RM Information Services team to confirm practitioner schedule details and collect schedule changes
- Collaborate with RM Information Services team to manage practitioner compliance with schedule confirmation, variance, resume, and skills requirements
- Collaborate with RM Information Services team to provide representative resumes or other resource management-related information in support of sales or proposal activities
- Support ongoing CTS resource management initiatives, as available and needed
RM Tools, RM Data Management, and Other Deloitte Technology
- Maintain high level of proficiency in all resource management tools and relevant Deloitte technology resources
- Maintain detailed knowledge of RM reporting capabilities and leverage shared RM reporting team for the production of all reports
- Collaborate effectively with RM IS team to ensure that schedule and resource request data (GSS, GSS Web, and/or StaffTrak) is current, complete, and accurate at all times
Knowledge of Our Business
- Maintain an understanding of the business, markets, and service offerings within assigned FSS and across Deloitte
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the practitioner skills profiles in the assigned FSS
- Maintain knowledge of other business areas in the firm that are relevant to the skills and experience of assigned practitioner population for the purposes of cross-staffing
- Maintain knowledge of the project pipeline in assigned practice area in order to manage available resources and advise on future supply and demand
- Proactively review staffing data for assigned population and develop meaningful insights on trends, forecast, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concern
- Collaborate with RM leaders and Deployment Advisors to provide practice leaders with resource management insights and recommendations
Collaborate effectively with Business Advisor and other CTS organizations to provide seamless Talent support to the business, including:
Advisor Organization (Business & Deployment Advisors)
- Actively and promptly share relevant project- and practice-level resource management information and insights with Business and Deployment Advisors, as necessary and appropriate
- Collaborate with the Business and Deployment Advisors to implement deployment-related aspects of various Talent programs
Recruiting (Acquisition & Mobility)
- Provide input to recruiting order board based on current and expected future demand
- Provide input on potential fit and deployment options for campus and experienced hire candidates, as needed
- Collaborate with recruiting team to provide a smooth onboarding and first deployment experience to our new hires
Learning & Development
- Maintain knowledge of relevant learning programs for assigned practitioner population
- Recommend appropriate and relevant training to support practitioner and business goals, including cross-training opportunities to increase utilization
- Communicate with project leadership and counselors on practitioner performance and career goals
- Participate actively in the performance management process by providing relevant input on practitioner participation in the staffing process, compliance with administrative requirements, utilization, and other performance considerations.
- Collaborate with Finance Managers on forecasting and other analysis, as needed
- Provide Finance Managers with all relevant utilization, project, and practitioner information that may impact financial forecasting
The mission of Core Talent Services (CTS) improves efficiencies and operational excellence, deliver strategic and transactional services, institutionalize operations efficiencies and quality and enhance ability to scale and reduce cost structure. CTS focus on delivery of both strategic and transactional services, either directly for the businesses or in support of the Business Advisors and Centers of Excellence (CoEs).
- BA or BS undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills, including the abilities to negotiate and influence others
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage and resolve complex and sensitive situations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with large teams
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
- Strong competency in core professional skills, especially: attention to detail, responsiveness, follow through, flexibility, initiative, and tact
- Strong proficiency with MS Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience in a professional services environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSLEACW534-HRL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top