Lead Oracle Database Administrator
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Title: Lead Oracle Database Administrator
Hiring Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Organization: Technology & Infrastructure
Responsible for all aspects of database administration for Oracle databases including problem-solving, configuration, and implementation efforts for multiple projects with an emphasis in operational excellence and continuous improvement of database related processes and procedures.
Takes part in on-call support rotation for production databases that require 24 X 7 X 365. Weekend and off-hours work expected.
Plans, documents procedures, and coordinate database activities with local and remote team members and customers including team members and customers in India.
Flexibility to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer demands. Willingness to become involved with other technologies that interface with the database management system, including tools that support backup/recovery and monitoring.
This position requires an expert level of UNIX shell scripting skill with focus on automation solutions.
- Due to the scope of the responsibilities, minimum of 4 years of relevant business and working experience is required to ensure tasks are completed without supervision.
- Minimum of 4 years of strong experience in an Open Systems/UNIX centric environment is required to ensure a strong foundation in application support and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others. Ability to work in a team environment. Good customer service skills. Good analytical and troubleshooting skills. Good organizational and planning skills. Strong time management skills. Ability to work autonomously in day-to-day management of software application stress testing projects.
- Demonstrates an understanding of complex problem solving techniques dealing with physical database creation and support.
- Ability to formulate and recommend technical direction for database related activities for the project teams in collaboration with other IT organizations within US Information Technology Services.
- Ability to develop standards, processes, and procedures within the scope of Technology & Infrastructure DB Services team.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the database development life cycle including data modeling, database coding, testing, and implementation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of performance tuning and optimization including the identification of performance related issues.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of quality assurance and/or software development processes and methodologies, with the ability to share that knowledge with peers, and project team members.
- Ability to effectively communicate written and verbal to all levels within the organizations as well as communicate directly with customers on new projects and / or issues with production systems.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of database software and technologies including in-depth knowledge of Oracle DBMS, patching methodologies, as well as some knowledge of automation processes via Shell Scripting.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of AIX (UNIX), Linux, and Windows 2008 operating systems.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of tools, such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Developer, and TOAD. .
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Innate ability to navigate SQL tuning and provide clients with working solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and working knowledge of RMAN backups and restores.
- Demonstrates familiarity with Oracle DataGuard Technologies include Active Data Guard.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) with Oracle 11g Enterprise Edition.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of working in an enterprise environment with thousands of databases, hundreds of servers, and many different customers.
- This resource will be called on to act as a representative of the DBServices team on particular projects, providing coordination, and point of contact services to the project team.
- Demonstrates a working ability to provide accurate project estimates and timelines.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to deliver on project commitments.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage multiple project deliverables on multiple projects effectively.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate as the primary resource on a project, through planning, resource allocation, conflict resolution, project negotiation, and reporting. This individual should be able to manage the application through its entire lifecycle.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with peers on project assignments.
- Demonstrates a working ability to foster a cooperative environment with the entire project team. This resource is viewed as a "team player", who understands the culture and how to be effective in it.
Requisition code: E18HERSASCSH071-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top