Lead Learning and Development Specialist- Services
Lead Learning and Development Specialist
Keywords for this job are:
- Analysis. Communication. Coordination. Detail. Follow-Through. Planning. Problem Solving.
Key characteristics necessary for success are:
- Curiosity. Drive. Initiative. Tenacity. Versatility.
The mission of this job is to provide diverse and dedicated support within a six-person Learning & Development team in order to:
- Drive efficiencies
- Expedite the design and development of learning programs
- Ensure smooth execution
The ideal candidate will be energized by tackling ad-hoc challenges and enjoy the opportunity to work in different areas and on different projects throughout the year. This person will coordinate and operationalize processes within a large portfolio of leading-edge learning programs, including purview of content, faculty, facilities, evaluation, research, and reporting.
This position sits in the Enabling Areas Development team, within the Talent Development Center of Excellence. In close partnership with clients, this team defines and delivers the learning experience for the ~13,000 professionals working across the US and India in Deloitte's major infrastructure groups such as Finance & Administration, Market Development, Risk, Strategy, Talent, and Technology.
- Minimum Requirements
- 4 years of related experience
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in training and development, human resources development, education, organizational psychology, or related field
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Collaboration and Coordination
- Understand initiatives and best practices across the organization by liaising with other learning teams in the Talent Center of Excellence, with Talent Business Advisors, and with Core Talent Services.
- Work with auxiliary internal Deloitte teams (such as CTS, CRM, Deloitte University, NMS, OneTeam, USI) to coordinate smooth and successful learning experiences for professionals undertaking programs.
- Manage detail and coordination related to program deliveries and events, including catering, communications, facilities, materials, participant management, printing, supplies, and technology.
- Stakeholder Management
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders related to development projects.
- Interact comfortably with senior leadership and understand how they think and work; determine the best way to get things done by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Identify, track, inform, communicate with, and prepare faculty for their roles in delivering programs.
- Learning & Development Acumen
- Assist with the design, development, and delivery of programs.
- Demonstrate initiative in gathering program feedback, improving learning and development programs, and constantly moving learning to the next level.
- Perform analyses related to program demand, seat-fill trends, regional variations, and other data factors to improve program throughput and effectiveness.
- Identify areas for operational improvement, making suggestions and driving change to gain efficiencies and improve service.
- Communicate ideas and insights in person, virtually, and in writing with clarity, conviction, and concision.
- Write succinctly but with impact, distinguishing what context is relevant and what is considered "noise" to the reader.
- Demonstrate adaptable communication skills, tailoring one's style appropriately to different audience needs and preferences.
- Sustain a reliable and prompt rate of responsiveness (typically within 24 hours of receipt).
- Operational Command
- Strong project management skills, including building and updating work-plans; knowing what to prioritize and why, who to keep informed and how often, and when to escalate.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office skills that result in deliverables that carry a "stamp of excellence."
- In Excel: aggregate, sort, chart, concatenate, common formulas, pivot, VLOOKUP
- In PowerPoint and Word: logical structuring, brand-compliant, copyedited, tailored to audience, tailored to display venue, conducive to action and decisions
- How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSLEAJM580-HRL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top