Lead Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting & General Ledger
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Job Title: Lead Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting & General Ledger
Channel/Function: Finance – Accounting & Financial Reporting
Location/Department: Hermitage – Financial Reporting & General Ledger
Career Level: 4
Team Overview and Key Relationships: The Financial Reporting and General Ledger (FRGL) team is responsible for maintaining the financial books and records of the Deloitte US Firms’ and reporting these results to Partners, Principals, and Managing Directors of the Firm as well as external parties including lenders and statutory agencies. This group also maintains the Firm’s financial infrastructure. The FRGL group has a view of the overall Firm and works closely with US Firms’ Controller, Business Planning & Analysis Functional Controllers, Treasury, and others within the Financial Services Group.
- Review and prepare multiple financial reports for the consolidation of all US entities. This will include presenting and coordinating with multiple levels of management.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the US Firms’ complex infrastructure and reporting requirements.
- Analyze, interpret, and report account activity and balances to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with accounting research and analysis, including GAAP, based on specific facts and circumstances as required.
- Responsible for various ad-hoc reporting and special reporting requests as assigned.
- Understand and assist with the financial infrastructure of the Firm including profit and cost center and general ledger account maintenance.
- Support the validation of journal entries to ensure compliance and assist in training/answering questions from other Finance groups around the journal entry process.
- Prepare and post recurring journal entries that enable our various reporting requirements.
- Assist with establishing guidelines and policies and enforcing internal controls.
- Work to develop flexible process improvements that can be utilized to increase the efficiency of the team.
- Assist with the transition to new SAP general ledger system and the creation of financial reports from new system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. CPA or eligibility to sit for exam is required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- Position will have significant work complexity and requires a strong understanding of accounting theory and its application.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are crucial as the position involves the ability to satisfy and influence various stakeholders, including senior management.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of SAP and Essbase or similar accounting software preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required including v-lookups, pivot tables, and macros.
Requisition code: E17HERSSRCAH026-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top