Lead Federal Pricing Specialist
Are you readyto apply your financial and analytical skills in a dynamic environment? Are youlooking for an exciting opportunity to be a strategic business advisor toexecutive leaders? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team ofexperienced Federal Pricing specialists who support large-scale Federalcontracts in a fast-paced business climate. If you are seeking a role thatoffers you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally, consider acareer with the Deloitte Federal Pricing and Estimating Group.
Work you'll do
As a Lead Federal Pricing Specialist on our pricing team, you willreport to the Pricing Team Lead of the team assigned. The role of Lead FederalPricing Specialist will need to be able to work with minimal supervision in theexecution of the following key responsibilities:
- Perform proposal preparation, coordinate vendor quotes,and participate in quality assurance reviews with minimum guidance from TeamLead. Perform proposal reviews with management primarily in a support role.
- Build and populate templates to facilitateidentification and population of staff within the estimating data - interactwith Engagement Team, Procurement, and outside sources to collect data forproposals, as applicable.
- Develop, communicate, and execute pricing andsubcontracting strategies within proposals; developing cost exhibits designedto convey the appropriate information necessary to achieve cost realism.
- Develop and communicate Pricing's requirements in theproposal planning/ scheduling process. Reviewing proposals with management.
- Review and interpret RFP/RFQ documentation; identifyingand developing questions based on the solicitation that impact Pricingcompliance and strategy.
- Coordinate reviews of the pricing volume with Contractsand other internal groups as necessary.
- Lead the Pricing Volume content development andpublication prior to submission.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration,sustainability: these are the characteristicattributes shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte'sFederal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practicerequires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams fromacross our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte -commercial, Federal, and public sector expertise - to best support our Federal clients. Our aspiration is to be the premierintegrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Enabling Areas team provides top notchsupport to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products andservices to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving ourexisting collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Minimum 5 years in professional service in one of thefollowing disciplines (or combination thereof) pricing, program control,financial analysis, market research, or consulting focused on providingbusiness strategies, competitive intelligence, or market research within theFederal marketplace;
- At least 3 yearsanalytical experience (interpretation of data and reporting results);
- Minimum of 5years' experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications with a strongfocus on Excel modeling for analysis and data presentation, and PowerPoint fordeveloping effective presentations;
- Undergraduatedegree is required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business;
- Exceptionalattention to detail and adherence to project deadlines and Federal regulations
- Experience workingin a fast-paced, team environment
- Understanding ofthe proposal life cycle as well as contract types, including fixed-price, cost,T&M/FPLH, GSA Schedules, BPA/IDIQs and commercial
- Understanding of solicitationpricing requirements and evaluation criteria
- Concepts of Costvs. Price and Direct vs. Indirect rate structures
- Ability toaccurately develop and maintain pricingmodels
- Working knowledgeof Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other acquisition regulationsrelating to proposal pricing
- Identification ofmany commonly-used regulations and ability to explain their relevancy to bidsand pricing in general.
- Previousexperience in a federal professional services contracting environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professionaldevelopment plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career toidentify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. Fromentry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room tolearn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-onexperience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences toformal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have avariety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a greatorganization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range ofbenefits. Learn more about whatworking at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages ourpeople to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizingtheir uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices thatcan help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offerwell-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain aculture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learnmore about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact thatmatters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with ourclients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focuson education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drivepositive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte'simpact on the world.
We want job seekersexploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help youwith your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background
Requisition code: E17ROSSEALSPADS-056
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top