Lead Facilities Specialist
As a key member of the Office Experience team, the Lead Facilities Specialist will oversee general facility related issues including general maintenance and repairs, security badging, and other various projects related to workplace maintenance, design, safety and security. High priority is placed on customer satisfaction and service excellence. Maintains space representative of a professional services organization and ensures a safe environment. The position will also assist in developing and implementing policies, procedures and systems to ensure total quality management.
- Manages day-to-day building and equipment maintenance, and physical security.
- Serves as back up to Operations Supervisor: managing and mentoring staff as needed.
- Prepares office space allocations and storage assignments; conducts regular meetings with building management.
- Responds to various facility related requests such as carbon surveys, disaster planning, office greening efforts and building technology support.
- Reviews and monitors security of the office space. Troubleshoots all security issues and provides regular updates for various monthly and quarterly reports.
- Prepares employee/contractor badges and conducts quarterly security access audit.
- Develops procedures and operational systems for office facility related matters.
- Assists with daily operations, interfacing with internal and external customers, independently developing resolutions and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates projects, project launches and workflow, effectively utilizing departmental resources.
- Compiles and analyzes data, and develops reports for management review. Manages and inputs data for space planning, floor plans, business continuity plans, greening, and year-end fiscal reporting.
- Assists with facilities budget development and modifications.
- Manages facilities projects by coordinating with multiple teams and contractors, managing operational and facilities-related tasks, and ensuring all deliverables are met timely.
- Develops effective working relationships with colleagues in local and regional offices.
- Tracks expenses and vendor information, including charge codes, vendor payment terms, etc.
- Interfaces with vendors to resolve potential issues, payables questions, credit issues, Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Assists with the operations of four offices as needed.
- Serves as primary contact for operational support of 3 smaller offices.
- Provides coverage for these locations as necessary.
- Initiates facilities related actions on behalf of Office Experience Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools;
- Ability to travel to various work-site locations on demand;
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- Basic knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions related to building maintenance;
- Ability to locate and identify troubles in appropriate building systems or equipment and to plan and perform necessary repairs;
- Professional presence and demeanor, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, decision-making skills and organizational skills;
- Ability to interface with all levels of leadership and professionals;
- Ability to perform independently and multi-task;
- Must be detail-oriented;
- Advanced Excel skills required; proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- High School Diploma or GED required and Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred; 5 to 10 years of related experience; Prior facility maintenance/management experience with a large corporation preferred.
Requisition code: E17PHLSSRCJT030-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top