Lead Application Developer
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Services, Inc. seeks a Lead Application Developer in Princeton, NJ.
Work You'll Do
Responsible for designing, coding, unit testing, defect resolution, and supporting application software that can work in a dynamic environment across functions and projects. Directly involved in development, installation, maintenance, monitoring, and providing support for SQL databases using MS-SQL and T-SQL tools. Interact with business users and provide recommendations to the team for application components and data architecture design, integration and configurations management, performance monitoring, quality assurance review and product evaluation. Directly involved in creation and expansion of database models. Handle management and creation of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages for data transferring capabilities across multiple systems. Perform technical design and assist application architects in the development of application, integration and data architecture of enterprise solutions. Create various database objects, including writing stored procedures, views, user defined functions, indexes, and triggers. Responsible for troubleshooting defects, fixing data inconsistences, maintenance planning, and documenting procedures for future requirements. Recommend improvements to ensure solutions are aligned to architectural specifications and design. Lead daily collaboration efforts with project team members to identify issues and risks associated with the design, implementation and delivery of project assignments. Solve complex business problems through custom-built technologies and improve database performance utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, SQL profiler and Microsoft Team Foundation Server. Analyze functional requirements and prepare development project schedules, tasks, and estimates. Perform the above-referenced duties utilizing various programming languages, including C# and T-SQL.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering or a related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery of business software solutions for a professional consulting firm.
- Must also possess a minimum of five years of experience in:
- Designing, coding, unit testing, defect resolution, and supporting application software;
- Database modeling;
- Developing, installing, maintaining, monitoring and providing support for SQL databases using MS-SQL and T-SQL tools;
- Utilizing development tools/environments, including Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, SQL Profiler, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server;
- Managing SSIS packages for data transformation capabilities across multiple systems;
- Creating database objects, including writing stored procedures, views, user defined functions, indexes, and triggers;
- Providing recommendations for application components and data architecture design, integration and configuration management, performance monitoring, quality assurance review and product evaluation; and
- Utilizing programming languages, including C# and T-SQL.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XGGS18FT0617PRN1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top