KZN Consulting - Manager
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
With close to 800 globally connected professionals, the Consulting practice of Deloitte in Southern Africa is one of the largest consulting firms in the global Deloitte Consulting business. By integrating our four distinct service offerings and extensive industry knowledge we are able to deliver unique solutions that address clients’ needs.
Consulting offers services in four key areas:
- Strategy & Innovation
- Human Capital
- Technology (including Enterprise Applications)
- Deloitte Digital
The Deloitte Strategy & Innovation practice is a uniquely positioned team that supports the strategic agenda of our clients in the key domains of growth, business improvement and optimisation, and strategic transformation. The wide spectrum of capabilities, thought leadership and experience are underpinned by the Deloitte platform of executable strategy and innovation for growth.
With over 140 local practitioners, S&I have a dominant position in the Southern African market, as part of the global Deloitte organisation. Our unique strategic planning approach and capability allows executive teams to understand the future and create growth and aspirational viewpoints about the possibility in their markets and organisations. In addition to supporting the strategy formulation and execution imperatives of clients in the business of today, the S&I practice has a unique Innovation unit that provides a corporate venturing and growth offering that has created significant new businesses and revenue sources for clients across industry sectors (business of tomorrow).
In the world of solving complex business problems, the Deloitte strategy world includes capabilities in key areas that include:
- Corporate Strategy
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Radical Business Improvement & Cost Reduction
- Capital Efficiency and Portfolio Management
- Finance Transformation and CFO Services
- Economic Advisory
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Business Transformation
- Turn-around Management
- Organisation Restructure
- Innovation & Corporate Venturing
- Public Sector Service Delivery
About the Job
We are looking for the person who is best able to fulfill the following job requirements:
- Managers will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Managers implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Managers can lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
We are looking for someone who has the following qualifications:
- Finance Transformation: Must be a qualified CA SA / CIMA or equivalent with solid post-articles experience, preferably with activity based cost management, financial modelling, business performance management and finance transformation experience.
- Economics Advisory: Possess outstanding academics at an Honours or Masters Economics level, have interest in applying an economics toolset to economic/non-economic problems, be able to consolidate research from multiple resources efficiently and consistently.
- Whilst not a strict requirement, a MBA is a definite advantage.
You would need to have the following Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Systematic or process thinking: Able to conceptualise the interdependence of systems and processes, and develop integrated strategies and plans
- Analytical thinking: Able to think logically/systematically and seek answers beyond the obvious
- Networking and interpersonal skills: Able to develop and sustain appropriate networks and relate effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Advanced communication skills: Able to listen actively and attentively, source data, extract relevant information, write reports and/or technical documentation, and present it to stakeholders in appropriate business language
- Operations management skills: Able to plan, organize, monitor, control, solve problems and report work progress to optimize output
- Business acumen: Understands how businesses work and knowledgeable on current practices, trends and information affecting the business
- Financial literacy: Ability to read and understand financial statements including: cash flow, balance sheet, income statements etc.
- Results oriented: Bottom-line and output oriented, and able to push self and others steadfastly for results
- Judgement: Able to make sound decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom and experience
- Diversity management: Able to interact with, relate to and influence others irrespective of race, nationality, culture, gender, religion, age, etc.
- Integrity: Demonstrates trustworthiness; maintains confidentiality
- Stress tolerance: Ability to perform in a stable manner and remain goal orientated when under pressure to meet deadlines; able to multitask and adapt to ongoing change
- Customer orientation: Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers
Must in addition possess the following:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Facilitation, communication and data analysis skills
- Experience of managing client relationships
- The ability to contribute to business development and thought leadership
- The ability to manage and motivate teams on internal and external client engagements
Requisition code: ZA131124SM
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top