Junior Graphic Designer (Sacramento)
Deloitte Services LP is currently searching for a Junior Graphic Designer who will work within our State Government Pursuit Management (SGPM) Team. The successful candidate will support Lead Designers in the development of client proposals, presentations, and related business development materials as part of the SGPM Team. This creative design professional will support projects for the public sector wherever needed nationally.
This position requires some travel (10-20%) to support active pursuits, working on-site with engagement teams. Travel may increase as this designer advances in our design agency model.
- Effectively support SGPM's Lead Designers on large, complex projects
- Collaborate with lead designers to conceptualize imagery and pursuit win themes, and ensure that key messages are enhanced through creative design
- Receive and interpret written instructions and/or rough sketches and translate them into creative and impactful print and/or digital layouts/designs for materials including, but not limited to: infographics, presentations, proposals, and large-scale exhibits.
- Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that enhances readability, draws in the reader, and adheres to and supports the Deloitte brand, visual identity, legal guidelines, and messaging; ensure brand and visual identity compliance as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively and express ideas orally and in writing; demonstrate listening and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and project management skill in order to balance priorities and communicate with Design and/or Creative Leads in an effort to meet and exceed project deadlines and commitments; keep SGPM Team informed of projects and progress
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and quality under challenging deadlines
- Ability to learn and perform document formatting on regular basis, style and macro editing, and working with graphic elements in MS Word application.
- Ability to safely operate production room equipment, such as: large printers (including plotter printer), binding machines, cutters and others.
- Proficiency with animation and motion graphics, electronic publications (interactive PDFs, ePubs, iBooks, folios, HTML emails), interfaces, and web-based content a plus, but not required
- 1-2 years of applied design experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; willingness and ability to create an elegant, designed "feel" in programs such as PPT and Word that were not written primarily as design vehicles
- Fluency in digital media apps including Dreamweaver, Muse, Edge Animate, After Effects, and Premiere a plus but not required
- Speed and agility; ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to manage own time and take initiative
- Post-secondary education including Technical Certification, Associates Degree, or Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field
- Travel required — approximately 10-20% per year, as dictated by pursuit demands
Online portfolio preferred
Requisition code: E18NATSASCGO012-MDL3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top