Java/OAF Developer (Solution Specialist)
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our US Delivery Centers are based in Orlando, FL and Mechanicsburg, PA and we have hired over 1400 technical professionals since 2014. Our unique Delivery Model provides customized career paths, fosters innovation and knowledge development. We focus on quality with standardized processes and procedures and we support a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
In conjunction with our other Delivery Centers around the world, we offer development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre and post-implementation. Our continued growth has created the need for application development and management professionals to provide services in support of our client's systems and business processes. Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and experience making decisions to complete assigned responsibilities from center leadership. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class client delivery organization that is a part of one of the world's premier consulting firms.
Our Systems Integration team offers technology solution development and integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specifications, design, custom development, integration, testing and deployment. We are looking for all levels of experience ranging from 1-10 years to work in either our Orlando, FL or Mechanicsburg, PA Delivery Centers.
If you are interested in working on mission-critical solutions, then joining Deloitte Consulting could be your most rewarding move. The role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills while working as a part of a team committed to delivering excellent service for clients around the globe. You will learn new skills that are in demand by our clients, gain expertise in Deloitte's methodologies and contribute to increasingly complex duties.
We strive to be recognized as the leading professional services firm by demanding and delivering excellence, and by providing interesting, challenging work and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Come and excel within Deloitte Consulting. Our Delivery Centers provide complete operations services for application management, custom development, and business process support for clients. Our teams develop post implementation go-live support environments, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client applications and technology infrastructure.
Illustrative responsibilities include:
- Responsible for supporting and independently completing project tasks
- Identifies key drivers of a defined, straightforward problem and proposing solutions
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and decision making
- Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
- Manages work to work plans for components on engagements
- May independently own a work stream, reviewing, and potentially directing the work of more junior staff
- Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
- Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
Additional Responsibilities would include:
- Responsible for supporting OAF development by devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering the system environment and design.
- Program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation to support the deployment of new functionality.
- Experience in working directly with technical and business representatives, participating in meetings with key system owners to understand business requirements and supporting the administering and maintaining of development environments, including performing configuration management activities and deployment of RICE components to environments using CEMILI scripts.
- Candidate must be an independent worker to proactively address user concerns in a timely manner.
- Experience with technical design, development, test, deployment, and production support.
- Experience developing custom Oracle Application Framework (OAF) pages using Java (J2EE/J2SE) and PL/SQL.
- Experience with Jdeveloper and Tortoise SVN (Subversion) tools.
- Strong Java and PL/SQL skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing, team-based environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with business and technical stakeholders.
- Excellent technical documentation writing skills.
- Well versed in testing best practices and execution.
- Understanding of and experience with Oracle EBS modules (Shop Floor Manager, Inventory, Bill of Materials strongly desired).
- Ability to travel up to 15 percent.
- Willingness to live and work in Mechanicsburg, PA.
Requisition code: E18MECCACSJG001-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top