Java/J2EE Application Modernization Developer - All Levels - Mechanicsburg
Application Modernization Developer – All Levels, Mechanicsburg, PA
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you'll do
As an Application Modernization Developer, you will work as part of the Application Modernization Organization in the Technology Team as part of the Modernization Support group. This self-starter will support application modernization projects across industries. You will work with a project team on application modernization projects to help transform application code written in legacy languages (e.g., COBOL, Natural, PL/1) into modern languages (e.g., Java, .NET). This process helps our clients solve problems, improve operations, and update their applications more easily, quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively. You will not work alone; rather, you will work alongside smart, dynamic colleagues in the digital transformation journey of taking legacy mainframe applications to modern platforms, mobile and cloud.
You'll engage in:
- Developing code enhancements to the modernized systems per requirements
- Working with Batch architecture including analysis of batch inputs and outputs
- Unit testing of modernized code and document the results
- Developing and providing input to deliverables as required
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years' experience required
- Looking for all levels of experience ranging from 1-10 years
- Experience with application architecture or solution development with JEE(J2EE); demonstrated experience developing in Natural and ADABAS or working with other mainframe technologies COBOL, PL/1, JCL and VSAM a plus
- Experience working on large technology engagements or in a development environment or support role
- Experience working as an analyst or developer through system migrations, updates, or implementations
- Demonstrated experience executing the SDLC against multiple technology projects
- Strong analysis skills
- Demonstrated understanding of code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
- Demonstrated understanding of the SDLC
- Experience in Object Orientated Programming/Design
- Experience with database design
- Demonstrated experience developing in Natural and ADABAS or working with other mainframe technologies COBOL, PL/1, JCL and VSAM
- Demonstrated understanding of tool based modernization, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
- Demonstrated understanding of the nuances of the tool based modernization SDLC
- Demonstrated experience executing the SDLC against multiple modernization projects
- Ability to communicate and work in a project team environment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong desire to work hands-on with application code and perform deep levels of analysis to troubleshoot outcomes and recommend resolution
- Consulting background a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18MECCACSDS002-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top