Seeking a talented Java Developer to join our project team to provide development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre and post-implementation.
The candidate will be a key software developer for the implementation and/or support of various client applications. Responsibilities include working with System Architects and Business Analysts to understand business requirements and solutions architecture. Not only will candidates be joining a project team, they will be joining a team of resources dedicated to delivering client engagements focused on common tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of the J2EE Framework and internals of the architecture, including JSP, EJB, SERVLETS,
- APPLETS, JSF, JDBC, JMS, Transaction services, Logging (Log4J), Thread Management and development of asynchronous java processes
- Expertise with transactional database systems; i.e., DB2, Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with ORM tools; i.e., MyBatis, Hibernate
- Experience with Webservers like Apache or Tomcat
- Proficient in Websphere or equivalent application servers including having some knowledge on administering them and managing their configuration essentials
- Experience in using version control systems like SCM, SVN or CVS or Clear Case
- Should have hands on experience on rapid application development platforms like IBM RAD or similar
- Solid understanding of build and deployment process and tools like Maven, ANT /Cruise Control
- Experience in understanding system security best practices (Ex, SQL Injections, Cookies etc)
- Knowledge of SOA architecture and in depth knowledge of web services
- Experience in handling interfaces with external systems (web API)
- Ability to perform code reviews and recommend automated review tools for the project
- Experience with Batch framework (Spring or Websphere) is preferred
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Agile experience is preferred
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 5-7 YEARS
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
Application Management Services
In today's business world, the cost and complexity of information technology is higher than ever. Many organizations find themselves with a complex digital environment that is difficult to manage and costly to maintain. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we work with clients to make sense of these challenges, driving application performance and achieving better business results. Providing a full range of industry leading services, including digital, systems integration and resource planning, we enable clients to fine tune Application Management Services to their IT and business objectives. Learn more about our Application Management Services practice.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte AMS, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
People and culture make Deloitte a great place to work. Each person is unique and valued for that individuality. Our culture is about inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity.
Life at Deloitte
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18CONCASCCB509-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top