Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Our service lines include: Analytics & Information Management, SAP Package Technologies, Oracle Package Technologies, Strategy & Architecture, Deloitte Digital, Systems Integration and Application Management Services.
Analytics & Information Management
Deloitte Analytics & Information Management services span from assessment to development to enablement. We enable companies to distill decision relevant information from its masses of daily data and our services are designed to help organizations immediately to address their specific challenges and to develop tailored solutions.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
A Java Developer at Deloitte will deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
Responsibilities include, among others, managing and leading teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, building, developing, implementing, testing, training, defining support procedures.
Candidates are required to have:
- 2+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
- Proficient with one or more of Client/Server (C/S): Java Stack, DB2, C++;
- Server tech stack: RedHat Linux, Perl, Linux Shell-Scripts.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture with SOA, ESB, SOAP, WSDL and Web Services.
- Experience with Jboss Fuse and Eclipse-Plugin-Architecture.
- Experience with documentation in source code and UML.
- Experience in the use of frameworks like Design Patterns and Extreme programming.
- Experience with tools for collaboration, version management and change management.
- Expertise in the Architecture Governance and Quality assurance processes.
In addition, successful candidate will also have the following preferred skills and experience:
- Good oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, etc.) and consulting skills.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- Willingness to work abroad in Europe for up to 3 months per year, typically Monday to Thursday/Friday.
Requisition code: RO 060616 IT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top