Are you a subject matter expert seeking a collaborative environment that allows you to work closely with clients and technology? Do you enjoy bringing improvements and increased effectiveness to an organization or project? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Application Management Services (AMS) Specialists who help our clients drive down costs, enhance quality, and boost operational effectiveness through the full life cycle technical services. If you are interested in supporting a diverse span of projects – such as consolidating helpdesk operations or modernizing an IT environment, consider a career in Deloitte's practice.
Work you'll do
As a Specialist Master in our practice you will:
- Perform SDLC and O&M tasks such as application design, software development, testing, release and configuration management
- Develop business requirements and functional and process design, including scenario design and flow mapping
- Manage troubleshooting, documenting and maintaining support procedures
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of projects
- Maintain your technical knowledge within the industry leverage this subject matter knowledge on client engagements
- Contribute to the development and cultivation of business and vendor relationships
- Serve as a "Subject Matter Expert", adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue
- Display leadership and business judgment by anticipating client and project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Identify opportunities for other Deloitte service offerings that can address client needs
- Manage solutions, delegate resources, and help ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables
- Supervise the work of team members and support delivery team staff
- Provide input and actively participate in recruitment and retention activities
- Help drive our presence as value-add on certain IC programs.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal AMS team specializes in providing support services across the application management lifecycle. We bring rapid improvements to operational effectiveness by leveraging our people, process, technology, and center based delivery models
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience
- 2+ years in a technical or functional lead role
- Experience with developing eminence, thought ware and point-of-view materials
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Experience designing, developing, testing or maintaining an application as part of a team
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and release management methodologies
- Experience implementing or maintaining custom development or systems integration projects
- Must be able to obtain and maintain TS SCI with Poly.
- Experience with IC supporting network, cloud, satellite or mobility solutions.
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other)
- Experience working with applications that are in production, or experience in operations and maintenance environments
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Additional IT certifications (CCNA, VCP, MCSE, etc.)
- Experience gathering requirements, and writing functional or technical specifications
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18BALCSPERB002-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top