ITSM Crisis Manager
ITSM Crisis Manager
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Key Role Description:
Deloitte is seeking a Technology Crisis Manager. This position is responsible for the management of incidents which escalate into crisis. This position reports to Service Management Assurance. The Crisis Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of a crisis response during any service disruption or incident affecting our practitioners which is defined as a crisis. The ideal candidate will have sufficient knowledge of the business side of Deloitte as well as technology side to be able to identify markers and indices which would differentiate an incident or an event from a crisis. Excellent communication skills with technical and management staff is required and will include extensive interaction with internal customers in senior or executive management positions. The crisis manager ensures that during a crisis the orchestration of resources and status is fully managed. The ideal candidate will have broad operational technology understanding across Cloud, Mainframe, Telecom, Distributed Systems, Data Center Facilities and Networks as well as the business requirements for each and capable of identifying and managing potential impact and risk to the business as the crisis unfolds.
Minimal travel - Selected candidate must be able and willing to travel based on assignments and program demand. Travel requirements may include India.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships critical to supporting Incident Response activities.
- Advise the T&I leadership as a subject matter expert on Incident management.
- Act as a delegate to the Risk office and Crisis Management (CM) organization on behalf of T&I. Lead coordination and communication efforts with the Risk office and CM organization during a technology crisis.
- Develop and maintain a T&I Crisis Response Plan.
- Work with department leads to develop and manage a Wargaming program, including defining program objectives & roadmap.
- Develop and deliver table-top exercises to assess the effectiveness of incident response at a Crisis level for capabilities across people, processes, and technology. Define table-top exercise objectives, roadmap, and coordinate efforts across Deloitte.
- Understand and apply enterprise wide thinking to individual incidents in a crisis to ensure business services across the board are accounted for and supported
- Instigates and chairs technical bridge and management bridge conference calls and assigns tasks to the relevant attendees; ensures status and communication are properly managed.
- Keeps Sr. leadership appraised and aware of status of a crisis.
- Authoritatively and confidently guides high priority incidents to resolution; may be called upon to make decisions on behalf of the firm in the heat of the moment that may have production impacting implications.
- At least 5 years of experience as a crisis manager or incident manager. At least 5 years of experience in support of IT infrastructure services using related ITSM processes.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and three (5) years of relevant experience or combination of education, experience and training.
Team player able to work collaboratively and effectively with and through others, at all levels in the organization
Ability to clearly communicate, written and verbally, to a variety of audiences, including the ability to influence across the organization
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRSH010-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top