ITS Project Manager-PMO
Information Technology Services – Program Management Office (ITS PMO)
Provides hands-on advanced project management and support for multiple projects across numerous functional and technical units within the Firm, utilizing ITS and PMO standard tools, processes and methods. Works effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment, employing highly developed relationship management, conflict resolution and problem solving skills. Independently manages all aspects of SDLC and Project Delivery Process for strategic projects/programs that range in scope, budget and team size to the level of large projects, involving medium to high levels of risk and complexity and/or budgets of approximately >$150,000 - $1.5M. Identifies and manages cross-dependencies, proactively resolves issues/risks/impacts among multiple projects in a program. Works with varying levels of leadership across Information Technology Services (ITS) and the firm from staff through Partner, Principal, and Director level. Owns the implementation of all applicable PMO and related ITS processes, methodologies, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Takes full accountability for the proper and consistent execution of all projects. Serves in an advisory and consultative role to teams and stakeholders on all project-related activities. Skillfully manages scope of projects and the expectation of the stakeholders, and the forward progress of teams responsible for the work.
Work you'll do
ITS PMO project managers work together with teams and stakeholders at all levels to provide consistent, high quality project and management services – including, but not limited to, duties such as: partnering with engagement managers to lead delivery teams; creating/delivering executive reporting; performing proactive issue/risk/change management and solutioning; escalation management; integrating work across teams; proactively identifying/managing key dependencies; leading with unified approach to successful delivery and focus on achieving business value.
Other duties include:
- Develops, manages, and maintains comprehensive, accurate project plans and schedules, as well as performs estimation, forecasting, planning, analysis, issue / risk / change management, escalation management, meeting facilitation, variance analysis, and status reporting.
- Simultaneously manage work across multiple streams of the Deloitte project lifecycle which includes requirements definition and business alignment, systems development and configuration, data and systems coordination, communications, end user adoption and training.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the delivery of projects with medium – high level of complexity, directly affecting the firm's strategy to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget.
- Builds and maintains relationships with partner/principals and firm director level through employee level, including CIO/ITS and customer leaders, channel leads, product owners, shared resource leaders, technical team leads, technical and non-technical teams.
- Builds and maintains relationships with teams outside of ITS, as well as outside of Deloitte (Architects, MEP Engineers, Outside Project Managers, Construction Managers/General Contractors)
- Function as the single point of contact for ITS and responsible for receiving and distributing information internally to ITS and externally from ITS.
- Manages coordination of all ITS purchases relating to the project (Network equipment, Video Conferencing equipment, TSS equipment, etc)
- Proactively identifies, assesses risks and issues, proposes solutions, negotiates across stakeholders and resolves conflicts/roadblocks - builds teams and addresses performance issues
- Serves in an advisory and consultative role to teams and stakeholders on all project-related activities.
- Possesses advanced level skills in leading executive-level steering committees, producing and delivering communications to the executive level and experience auditing projects and summarizing results and producing management reports
- Influences and executes project management methodologies and standards including those within the ITS Project Delivery Process and SDLC, PMI PMBOK, and ITS PMO procedures, also ensures they are followed by project team members.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining accurate and timely project information in all project plans, communications, status reporting, SharePoint sites.
- Responsible for effective project kickoff, identification of all project stakeholders, defining and clarifying project roles and responsibilities.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and project teams to effectively manage and deliver quality products.
- Works closely with sponsors, stakeholders, users, technical team leads, technical and non-technical resources, and management to execute core project management functions end to end on strategic projects that range in scope, budget and team size to the level of large, involving moderate to high levels of risk and complexity.
- Proposes changes to ITS and PMO methodologies, frameworks, best practices for continuous process improvement; participates in teams that undertake continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Creates and controls all project related documents.
- Has responsibility for maintaining effective management of multiple concurrent project assignments, project tracking, issue resolution, time gathering and reporting, and communicating project progress.
- Works with all stakeholders to identify and confirm resource necessary resources, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Uses MS Project to build detailed, effort-driven project schedules.
- Configures, utilizes, and supports key project management tools.
- Conducts regular project reviews and communicates the status of projects in both formal and informal settings. Responsible for knowing and communicating a project's status accurately throughout project lifecycle. May include presenting status to business/technical steering committees.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to team members and their respective managers; is proactive in the identification and resolution of issues that may negatively impact a project or project deliverables; seeks and implements innovative ways to remove project obstacles. Escalates as appropriate.
- Motivates and leading project teams and instilling a mindset of collaboration and continuous process improvement.
- Promotes the effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of both quality assurance and software development processes and methodologies, with the ability to share knowledge with peers, development and QA groups, and project team members.
- Informally mentors other non-PMO team members on structured methodology, best practices.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
At Deloitte, the ITS PMO provides a full-range of services focused on Information Technology Services portfolio, program, and project management needs within the Deloitte US Firm. We partner across teams and stakeholders to help deliver enterprise IT projects and programs of critical importance that directly impact revenue and continued viability. We strive to deliver business value for our clients through distinctive program and project management services that enable consistent, on time, on budget, high quality results. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help ITS and Deloitte professionals plan, execute and deliver projects and programs that innovate toward a technology-driven future, within an optimized technology portfolio aligned with business needs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an IT Project Management role including significant experience managing medium to large projects and multiple, concurrent projects
- Firm understanding of Real Estate Design and Construction processes, including decommission process
- Advanced knowledge of PM methodology, tools and techniques
- Advanced leadership and general management skills, including advanced negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and analytical skills required. Must be able to easily grasp and communicate complex ideas.
- Must have advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and/or infrastructure project delivery.
- Expert-level organization and planning skills.
- Experienced in methods of estimating time and resources for task assignments and resource leveling.
- Advanced problem-solver. Finds simple answers to complex questions or problems. Thinks outside the box. Uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Drives for results. Motivates team while constantly driving towards key milestones. Maintains constant awareness of project deliverables; keeps team focused on short and long term milestones; aware of project timeline and budget.
- Extensive experience with core PM tools including Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project Professional, Microsoft Sharepoint, Windows Sharepoint Services, Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.), and others
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and technical abilities and task management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting
- Advanced skills in producing and delivering communications to the executive level and experience auditing projects and summarizing results and producing management reports
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently; performs work effectively with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain a high degree of customer / client / sponsor satisfaction while also maintaining necessary project controls
- Demonstrated ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and developing creative solutions
- Experience in managing project teams of 10 or more people
- Experience supervising and/or managing resources
- Experience developing/managing medium to large project schedules
- Experience in working with offshore resources
- Experience in managing vendors and ensuring contract terms are met
- Knowledge of IT applications and resource teams
- Fosters a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with teams and clients (internal and external).
- PMP certified; ITIL, COBIT, Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certifications a plus
- Ability to travel as required (may require 30-50% travel at times)
- Knowledge of Deloitte ITS applications and resource teams
- Consulting experience a plus
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRGO018-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top