ITS DAS / US Innovation Channel – Product Development Lead
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
A Product Development Lead is a passionate, innovative, results-oriented leader with heart-deep commitment to organizational success. This roles functions as a technical Product Owner, serving as a customer proxy and working with Product Management groups and other Stakeholders to define and prioritize Product Backlog, ensuring that the overall solution effectively addresses business needs while maintaining technical integrity. This role requires strong leadership adaptability skills to deliver customer solutions in various lines of business. It also requires extensive experience in maximizing the value of products in a portfolio, motivating agile development teams with clear, elevating goals, and must possess experience in rapid prototyping and experiments, MVP delivery, and large-scale systems implementation.
- Serves as a technical Product Owner for Agile Development Teams, utilizing applicable methodologies, to ensure effective and efficient value delivery and collaboration of all constituencies.
- Provides thought leadership by continuous research/learning of new/developing domains and distills technical solutions to implement customer and stakeholder ideas in innovative ways.
- Contributes to Product vision and backlog, while maintaining Team backlog and its implementation.
- Manages Release budget, per Product budget and Roadmap.
- Conducts Design Thinking sessions to understand end user and customer needs to shape product vision.
- Schedules product releases and proposed scope by maintaining a well-prioritized Product Backlog.
- Creates applicable documentation including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, acceptance tests, feature description PowerPoint decks, user guides, and newsletters.
- Reviews and approves solution architecture based on established standards and reference architecture.
- Establishes sprint goals and new user stories for sprint planning and provides feedback regarding the achievement of the sprint goals in the sprint review, including feedback on team interactions.
- Works with the Scrum Master and Team to learn, refine, and improve a product’s value iteratively.
- Optimizes every feedback loop (e.g. release often and early, talk to customers, Minimal Viable Product).
- Defines and enforces a suitable Definition of Done and Definition of Ready.
- Owns and upholds product quality, optimal project/release timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
- Possesses knowledge of appropriate business processes and acts a SME on the product functionality.
- Engages with various groups and constituencies to effectively resolve impediments as they arise.
- Responds proactively to both business and delivery needs and issues, enabling resolutions appropriately.
- 8+ years of experience working in supporting multiple software projects in various IT roles, including at least 5 years of experience in enterprise and/or commercial web and mobile application delivery.
- In-depth knowledge of software development, including Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, and TDD methods.
- Applied knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture, Micro-Services, and Cloud concepts and principles.
- Experience in data modeling, multi-tier and cross-platform architectures, and mobile solutions.
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance processes/methods to enterprise-wide and/or commercial technology projects—e.g., functional, automation, performance/load, acceptance.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and cross-functional teams in a large matrix environments.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with Product Management, and clients.
- Ability to establish and sustain positive working relationships with clients (internal and external).
- Excellent written/verbal communication, organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong execution, communication, and collaboration skills in virtual environments.
- Must possess intellectual curiosity for new technologies and ideas, and a passion for learning.
- CSM, CSD, CSPO or CSP Certification.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent professional working experience. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments.
- Experience in software development/engineering (programming)
- Experience with rapid application development and rapid prototyping.
- Knowledge of .NET Framework development techniques.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Test Director, MS Project, MS Team Foundation Server or VSTS, MS Test Manager, HP Quality Center, SAP Solution Manger, Automated QA tools.
- Experience in implementing solutions using IoT, Cognitive, and/or Blockchain technologies.
- Experience in a Professional Services organization.
- Some travel may be required, 20-40%.
Requisition code: E17NATSSRMNM018-ITL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top