Investment Management - Mutual Fund Senior
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
Deloitte Tax LLP
Mutual Fund - Tax Senior
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our U.S. tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals and employees, providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
We are currently looking for Tax Seniors for our Investment Management Tax practice. Tax Seniors have in-depth, first-hand industry knowledge. They draw on experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to Investment Management clients. Tax Seniors identify complex tax issues and provide tax analyses for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
The right person should have a solid understanding of regulated investment companies, Subchapter M, section 4982 excise calculations, taxation of securities and derivatives, applicable areas of information reporting, Subchapter C, Subchapter K, and international tax.
Tax Seniors in our Mutual Fund Tax practice perform detail-level reviews of tax research, regulated investment company (RIC) tax work papers, financial statement provisions and related tax disclosures and federal and relevant state returns, excise calculations, and RIC compliance tests. In addition, they perform tax planning and supervise tax consultants. They also attend required Deloitte Tax LLP and sector-specific training.
- 2 or more years of experience in providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
- CPA, Enrolled Agent or other appropriate certification (or in the process of pursuing)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field
- Advanced Degree preferred: MST
- Prior Big 4 experience a plus
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills to be able to articulate conclusions, planning opportunities, and risks identified through the research projects
- Experience with managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence and billing, excellent technology (i.e. Microsoft Excel and compliance software), research and writing skills
- Some travel may be required
Requisition code: E18LOSTSRCJM027-MF
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top