Internet of Things (IoT) Platform Engineer - Senior Consultant
IoT Platform Engineer
Deloitte isdefining the digital landscape. We are pioneering a new model for a new digitalworld. Do you like to challenge the status quo? Does curiosity feed your soul?Are you addicted to the thrill of creating? Do you want to be your authenticself at work? Then consider a career at Deloitte Digital. Creative design,state-of-the-art technology, and your imagination merge here to create lastingimpact for our clients. Not to mention make for a pretty fun and meaningfulcareer!
Work you'll do
You'll use yourdigital expertise to create unique solutions for each client. You won't workalone. You'll work alongside smart, dynamic colleagues. As an IoT PlatformEngineer, you will be an important part of our project teams and you willdirectly contribute to and influence the ultimate client outcomes we care somuch about. You will use your development skills and be responsible forbuilding an IoT platform (i.e. GE Predix, PTC ThingWorx, AWS) that will collectdata from physical assets (i.e. jet engines, wind farms, trains, etc.) andenable analytics that drive business operations - cool!
At Deloitte Digital we work with some of the world's largest brands. Our cross-discipline teams put our creative and technology chops to the test. Studio-based teams complement our road warriors to deliver engaging new solutions for our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Digital.
Any one of thefollowing:
- 5+ years work experience building softwareapplications using Java and related technologies (Spring, Eclipse, SQL, UnitTesting, Git)
- 5+ years work experience building softwareapplications using Cloud Foundry / Pivotal
- 5+ years work experience in Cloud solutionsarchitecture, including migration of existing applications to AWS or buildingCloud-native applications in AWS; Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified SolutionsArchitect and/or Developer
- Bachelor's degree in computer science,information systems, or other technology-related field or equivalent number ofyears of experience
- Knowledge of software engineering bestpractices for the full software development life cycle, including codingstandards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, andtesting
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies(Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other)
- Ability and willingness to innovate and learnnew technologies quickly
- Ability to travel to client sites 80-100% ofthe time
- Resident of San Francisco, Dallas, or Chicago
- Certifications or experience with PTCThingWorx, GE Predix, or AWS
- ORM (JPA/Hibernate), SOA (SOAP/REST), MessageQueues, Unix/Linux, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, JIRA/Atlassian Tools, JMeter, ApacheLibraries, Distributed/Parallel Computing
- PostgreSQL, ActiveMQ, Scala, Hadoop, ApacheSpark, EIP (Camel), AI/Machine Learning, ZooKeeper, Big Data, Chef, Docker, Packer
- Manufacturing, Energy, Life Sciences, HealthCare, or Smart Cities experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte Digital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can't be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about life at Deloitte Digital.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCGZ007-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top