Internet of Things (IoT) Platform Architect - Manager
IoT Platform Architect
Deloitte isdefining the digital landscape. We are pioneering a new model for a new digitalworld. Do you like to challenge the status quo? Does curiosity feed your soul?Are you addicted to the thrill of creating? Do you want to be your authenticself at work? Then consider a career at Deloitte Digital. Creative design,state-of-the-art technology, and your imagination merge here to create lastingimpact for our clients. Not to mention make for a pretty fun and meaningfulcareer!
Work you'll do
You will useyour digital expertise to create unique solutions for each client. You won'twork alone. You'll work alongside smart, dynamic colleagues. As an IoT PlatformArchitect, you will be an important part of our project teams and directlycontribute to and influence the ultimate client outcomes we care so much about.
The IoT PlatformArchitect is responsible for forming, maintaining, updating, and delivering aplatform of capabilities—including specific activities and deliverables—thathelp clients on their IoT journey. You will use your knowledge of IoT devicesand platforms to design, implement, and deploy IoT technologies that are theheart of advanced business solutions we create for our clients. You'll beresponsible for the full lifecycle of our IoT Platform implementations.Additionally, you will have the opportunity to supervise, mentor, and developjunior staff, as well as facilitate development of Statements of Work for newand existing customers. The IoT Platform Architect may support multiple clientsat the same time and will help develop and cultivate business and vendorrelationships.
At DeloitteDigital we work with some of the world's largest brands. Ourcross-discipline teams put our creative and technology chops to the test.Studio-based teams complement our road warriors to deliver engaging newsolutions for our clients. Learn more aboutDeloitte Digital.
- 5+ years of work experience as an IoT architector engineer working on IoT deployments
- 5+ years of work experience in Cloud solutionsarchitecture and building Cloud applications
- 5+ years of experience building softwareapplications using Java, C, or .NET
- Bachelor's degree in computer science,information systems, or other technology-related field or equivalent number ofyears of experience
- Knowledge of software engineering bestpractices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards,code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies(Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and exhibitgood time management skills
- Ability and willingness to innovate and learnnew technologies quickly
- Experience presenting to clients or otherdecision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical andnon-technical)
- Ability to travel to client sites 80-100% ofthe time
- Resident of San Francisco, Dallas, or Chicago
- Manufacturing, Energy, Life Sciences, HealthCare, or Smart Cities experience
- ORM (JPA/Hibernate), SOA (SOAP/REST), MessageQueues, Unix/Linux, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA/Atlassian Tools, JMeter, ApacheLibraries, Distributed/Parallel Computing
- PostgreSQL, ActiveMQ, Scala, AWS/Cloud, Hadoop,Apache Spark, EIP (Camel), AI/Machine Learning, ZooKeeper, Big Data, Internetof Things, Chef, Docker, Packer
How you'll grow
At DeloitteDigital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at everylevel of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best workevery day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there'salways room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work withindustry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience inthe global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiencesto formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have avariety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, whiledelivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore DeloitteUniversity, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, weknow that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offeremployees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says workcan't be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, andtechnology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. Wecan't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind ofmagical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understandthat quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves onour flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about life at Deloitte Digital.
Deloitteis led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines whowe are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and ourcommunities. We believe that business has the power to inspire andtransform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, andleadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRGZ006-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top