International Tax Manager - Global Strategies Group
Are you a strategic thinker with first-hand knowledge across a variety of industries? Do phrases like "global effective tax rate reduction" and "efficient global cash utilization" peak your interest? Do you enjoy providing internationalconsulting services to U.S and foreign multinational clients while identifying complex tax issues? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's International Tax Services practice.
What you'll do
The Global Strategies Group ("GSG") is a national specialty group within Deloitte Tax LLP's ("Deloitte Tax") international tax practice, which assists our clients in doing just this, utilizing an organized, market-proven methodology and cutting edge tax-analytic tools. GSG professionals also assist Deloitte Tax clients with more narrowly targeted projects such as international restructuring transactions, M&A planning, U.S. foreign tax credit optimization, and repatriation planning. As a member of this team, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop, design and implement all of these, while teaming with expert U.S. and non-U.S. professionals, including members of Washington National Tax, the International Core of Excellence (ICE), and other Deloitte cross-functional service line experts.
Due to recent significant growth, GSG has needs for professionals at the Manager and Senior Manager levels.
· Working with the client and other Deloitte Tax team members to understand the client's business model, tax attributes and existing tax and treasury strategies to identify strategic cash tax and ETR reduction.
· Participating in the process of understanding the client's key ETR drivers, brainstorming alternative strategies and preparing a strategy assessment report summarizing our recommendations.
· Researching technical issues applicable to existing and proposed tax and treasury strategies, including working with Washington National Tax on U.S. tax issues and with non-U.S. professionals on non-U.S. tax issues.
· Analyzing data and p reparing economic analysis, as required, to design and implement the restructuring.
· Working with proprietary tax data analytic tools to benchmark the client's existing tax strategy against its peers and to assess the expected benefit of potential strategies.
· Participating in client presentations to communicate key strategy drivers, alternative strategies, expected benefits and possible implementation issues.
· Creating, managing and executing against detailed work programs for all phases of engagements.
· Coordinating tax, treasury, legal and operating professionals from the client, Deloitte and in some cases, outside firms, during the implementation of tax strategies.
Lear n more about Deloitte International Tax. Learn more about Deloitte International Tax.
· 5+ years for a Manager, serving large U.S. based multinational clients in the areas of international and or large corporate tax matters. This experience could include relevant time spent at a professional services firm (i.e., as a consultant), or as a member of a corporate tax department with responsibility for managing the effective tax rate and/or developing and executing tax reduction strategies. For a staff candidate, any relevant professional experience is a strong plus.
· Hard worker and team player - willingness to pitch in and help wherever needed
· Experience managing people and collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical skills, including financial modelling
· Technical experience in the following areas:
- Designing and executing corporate tax restructurings or merger and acquisition structures, including experience with U.S. subchapter C, partnership, and corollary international tax provisions, and familiarity with similar rules in other key jurisdictions
- Analyzing the key tax accounting issues facing U.S. multinationals (e.g., APB 23, SFAS 52, etc.)
- Optimizing cash repatriation or offshore mobilization, including U.S. foreign tax credit and subpart F implications
- Minimizing taxes incurred on cross-border transactions
· Expertise in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is required. Additional experience or interest in data analytic tools is a plus.
· Expected travel to be at least 50%. This could include travel within the U.S. and also internationally as warranted.
· A Bachelor's in Accounting or related field, Masters in Taxation, Masters in Accounting, or JD/LLM (with undergraduate degree in a business related field) is required.
- Previous Big 4 experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people , we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18NATTMGRKK068-IT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top