Internal Controls Accounting Analyst
Are you a problem solver who likes to figure out what lies behind the financial numbers? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our clients? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Specialists in Deloitte's Accounting and Reporting Transformation (A&RT) practice who focus on applying technical experience and a value driven methodology to help our clients solve accounting related challenges within complex operational environments. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Federal clients through critical issues, consider a career in Deloitte Advisory's A&RT practice.
Work you'll do
As a Project Delivery Analyst in the A&RT group you will:
- Support Implementation and Operations Management best practices
- Lead and support tasks and portions of the project scope on engagements related but not limited to Operations & Maintenance, Helpdesk Operations, Software and Application Development and Maintenance, Financial Operations, and Project and Acquisition Management
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of client issues
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of the client environment and overall project scope
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
- Independently perform tasks with some guidance to execute a portion of the project scope
- Provide financial accounting, analysis, reporting, internal controls, and process improvement support to a Federal Client.
- Assist client's comptroller personnel and program/financial managers with the review, documentation, and development of end-to-end business processes and systems to include accounting operations, financial analysis, and internal controls work streams.
- Provide analysis of operational accounting and associated financial management processes and reports.
- Support testing of financial balances and business process documentation.
- Function within a team environment to identify business process improvements. The qualified candidate will need to strongly possess an understanding of the functional needs of the client.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
- Typically has 1 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
- Ability to work independently under general guidance
- Experience working in teams and in a team environment that is process-oriented and deadline-driven
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Relevant software or application skills to complete job successfully
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Active Interim/Secret security clearance required
- Applicant must possess good interpersonal and communication skill and the ability to work independently as well as with team.
- Position requires strong financial analysis and accounting skills as applied to program management and federal accounting/financial management.
- Demonstrate organization and analytic skills in a problem-solving environment.
- Prepare project deliverables and work products.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct analysis and review/testing of operational accounting data and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Visio is highly preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ADVCOLCONNK30822
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top