Internal Communications Manager, Deloitte Global Operations Communications
We're looking for a creative self-starter, savvy communicator, engaging storyteller, trusted advisor, and communications generalist ready to help take our internal communications to the next level. In this position, you will write, design, and implement communications strategies and materials for our internal audiences. Together, we'll create communications that inform, connect, and engage our complex global community to ensure that we're cultivating a strong culture focused on making an impact that matters for our broader organization.
Work you'll do:
In this globally-focused role, you'll provide communications expertise and deliverables to a variety of internal functions, including the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, finance, technology, and centralized services. This may include the following activities:
- Work with team leaders to craft communications plans that drive business results.
- Plan, research and create high quality communications deliverables including:
- Leadership talking points
- Compelling images/infographics
- Web content
- Determine appropriate messaging, style, and context for communications deliverables that support the overall communications strategy; work creatively within Deloitte templates; adhere to the Deloitte brand standards; and reflect the needs of our various internal audiences.
- Contribute to cross-functional projects, as required.
What you'll be part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our organization.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the value of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
As part of the Deloitte Global Operations Communications team, we create innovative communications to connect our 3,000+ Deloitte Global professionals in over 30 countries. We focus on providing top-notch communication support to our Chief Operating Officer and his direct reports, who represent many of our Deloitte Global business leaders. While you will report to a senior manager on the team, you'll work closely with various team leaders on a wide range of projects and assignments. Our contributions lead to better connections with one another, with our leaders, and with our Deloitte Global strategy.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Superior writing and editing skills, with a proven track record across a variety of audience groups and channels.
- Ability to tell a clear and compelling story through PowerPoint.
- Advanced skills in the latest communications technology, including proficiency in photo/video editing software, the ability to work with web content management systems and analytics tools, and mastery of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with internal communications campaigns with demonstrable results in driving awareness and building engagement in a dispersed workforce.
- Avid juggler; able to shift gears and manage multiple priorities with enthusiasm and energy; proactive worker who can fit successfully into a virtual, dispersed team and has great upward management skills.
- Creative problem-solver; sees the value in active brainstorming and collaborative innovation.
- Global mindset and experience working as part of a global community.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Strong relationship building/relationship management skills with all levels.
Education and years of experience:
- BA/BS degree in communications, English, public relations, marketing, journalism, or a related field (or equivalent).
- 5 - 8 years' experience in internal communications, corporate communications, marketing, or related field.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005CF0465
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top