Internal Client Services - Operations - Switchboard Operator
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 182,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
As Internal Clients Services, our objective is to provide the firm and our people with the means, and knowledge to fulfil our professional responsibilities.
This group of highly talented individuals includes the support functions of Deloitte, which include:
- Group Human Resources & Development
- Group Information Services
- Group Administration Services
We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. We are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value, and strength from cultural diversity.
About the Job
- Attend to all telephone calls in a professional manner
- Maintain records of outgoing calls made from switchboard to enable correct billing to either staff or clients
- Produce monthly telephone reports for charges to clients & staff
- Clients requirements are met
- Timeous delivery of messages
- Telephone messages taken and relayed to staff
- Ensure that area is tidy and neat at all times
- Make sure that air cons are turned off and all blinds are closed at the end of the day
- Your switchboard area kept tidy
- Wear the uniforms provided in a neat and tidy manner.
- Well groomed at all times
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy (proficiency in MS Word & MS Excel essential)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good work ethic
- Able to work under pressure
- Honesty and integrity
Requisition code: ZA130637VD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top