Internal Client Services - Finance - Head Office Finance Manager
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 182,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
As Internal Clients Services, our objective is to provide the firm and our people with the means, and knowledge to fulfil our professional responsibilities.
This group of highly talented individuals includes the support functions of Deloitte, which include:
- Group Human Resources & Development
- Group Information Services
- Group Administration Services
We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. We are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value, and strength from cultural diversity.
About the Job
1. Monthly Financial accounting review, reporting & analysis
Full Accounting Oversight for the following Enablement and Head office areas:
- DTIA – Deloitte & Touch International Assignments
- GIS (IT)
- T&T (HR)
- Firmwide/(Head Office)
- Full month end review of results for above cost centres.
- Review results for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare/review monthly results commentary and analysis
- Review Balance sheet recons
- Review Income Statement
- Ensure costs accounted for accurately and in accordance with IFRS
- Analysis of Key performance Indicators
- Presentation of results to CFO
- Review Forex transactions
- Prepare/review tax packs
- Drive correct accounting for foreign transactions and billing through DTIA
- Work with the International Tax team in the consideration of tax implications of cross border transactions and the accounting impact for DTIA.
- Work with the Tax compliance team to
ensure required statutory VAT and Tax returns are submitted timeously
- Review/prepare Tax packs
- Oversight of DTIA engagement billing/Invoicing
- Debtors Management – review of Debtors and appropriate provisioning in line with firm policy
- Monthly WIP review
- Review Salary Costs and Salary Journals
- Review of Bonus Provisions and ensure in line with Firm Policy
- Review Firm Controllable Direct cost allocations accurately passed out to business
- Review and execute Indirect Firm Controllable cost allocations to business
- Ensure no PEC costs in Enablement cost centres
- Ensure Enablement Cost centres balance to nil once cost allocations are processed
- Manage Permanent and Temporary differences to the budget
- Manage Enablement Contingency account.
- Achievement of Reporting goals per the 2020 Finance Strategy.
- Accurate Financial results
2. Year End Reporting & Compliance
- Preparation of IFRS financial Statements for DTIA
- Complete/Review year-end Tax packs
- Prepare/Review Income Tax Computation for DTIA
- Perform month end procedures as per above with focus on year end accounts closure activities.
- Work with Tax compliance team to ensure Tax returns submitted timeously
- Prepare audit pack for External Auditors
- Key liaison with External auditors during year end audit
3. Budgets and Forecasts
- Complete/Review budgets & forecasts for areas as per above
- Present budgets and forecasts to CFO
- Complete Enablement budget and forecast analysis
- Complete Enablement and budget commentary for submission to CFO and Group Reporting team.
- Smooth budget and forecasting process
- Empowering the CFO to make strategic decisions
- Accurate and realistic estimates of the business
4. Ad-hoc, Controls and Governance
- Implementation of cost reduction plans
- Driving efficiency and synergy
- Enforcement and implementation of internal controls
Approve Engagement code set up
- Approvals and Workflow releases
- Credit Note approvals
- Level 2 Purchase Order release
- General & Standard journal approvals
- Put forward proposed improvements and automation to DTIA manual processes
5. Team Management
- Manage, supervise and perform a quality review of the management accountant’s key performance areas
- Coach and guide management accountants
- Manage team members’ personal development through performance review processes and talent management.
6. Operational Excellence
- Provide work processes of a highly professional standard through
All written and verbal communication is clear, accurate and concise
- Maintain proper records and working files
- Encourage, implement and reinforce the firm’s values, leadership principles, strategies and initiatives.
Technical and behavioural competencies
- Accounting law (IFRS).
- Local and international tax law.
- Problem solving.
- Planning & organising.
- Analytical thinking.
- Relationship building & networking.
- Business acumen.
- Technology savvy.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Accounting applications.
- Strategic thinker to improve process.
- Advanced Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willing to learn and develop.
- Deadline driven.
- 2-3 post article experience in Financial Manager or similar role
- IFRS Accounting, statutory and tax compliance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Chartered Accountant (2-3 years post articles)
- International Tax specialisation or experience will be an advantage
- Experience in accounting for cross border transactions (including International Tax considerations) would be an advantage.
- Proven experience of improving processes, efficiency and governance supported by automated systems.
- CaseWare and SAP.
Requisition code: ZA130839VD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top