Internal Audit Staff / Senior Auditor
Internal Audit Staff/Senior Auditor
Deloitte is looking for an energetic professional with outstanding analytical capabilities to join our Internal Audit team; a self-starter and enthusiastic team member who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail. As an internal audit professional, you'll be a critical part of a specialized team that assists with addressing regulatory and operational risks associated with our Federal Practice.
What You'll Do
As an Internal Audit (IA) professional, you will complete internal audits of our Federal Practice using DCAA and other applicable programs/materials to prepare the U.S. Firms' business systems for regulatory audits by the DCAA and other Federal regulatory bodies and to address operational risks of the business. You will add value in many ways:
- Your focus on internal audit testing of the U.S. Firms' business systems will include performing detailed testing and analysis through the completion of internal audits using audit programs published by the DCAA and other Federal regulatory bodies, as well as understanding and differentiating between the U.S. Firms' accounting policies and practices against the different requirements for government cost based accounting practices (FAR, DFARS, and CAS).
- You will interact with the U.S Firms' Chief Audit Executive and other Internal Audit team members. This will include working with IA management regarding evaluating and interpreting audit results, working with IA leadership in reporting to Federal Practice leadership and the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board, and working with the IT Audit Managing Director on coordination of IT related matters.
- You will handle status monitoring and reporting by providing regular status reports to management regarding the progress towards completion of the audit testing. Status is crucial to monitoring critical paths to completion.
- You'll be responsible for project reporting. This means interpreting audit results and developing recommendations for improvement to management; consulting with other team members on recommendations and provide input for audit reports.
- You will handle confidential data discreetly and judiciously in accordance with U.S. Firms' policies.
How You'll Grow
Due to the Internal Audit group's specialized and focused mission, our team members participate in opportunities that enhance personal and professional growth and the accomplishment of career objectives. You will act as a role model for audit team members and stay current with emerging issues affecting federal regulations and the internal auditing profession. Professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. We provide access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. We nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years of experience applying federal government compliance regulations (e.g., FAR, DFARS and CAS), working directly with the DCAA preferred, including three years of relevant experience within accounting/finance, financial systems
- 3-5 years moderate to advanced computer application skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of database applications (e.g., Access, SQL, and Oracle) is a plus
- Background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environments
- Prior experience identifying controls, developing and executing test plans
- Written and oral communications skills necessary to work across numerous organizational units and layers, as well as required reporting to management
- Ability to motivate others, with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Apply effectively a disciplined and focused work approach; keen attention to accuracy and detail is a must
- Exemplary integrity and personal accountability
- College degree with emphasis in finance and accounting
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar certification preferred; eligibility and plan for obtaining certification required
- Some travel may be required between Rosslyn VA and Nashville TN offices (up to 10%)
- Individual must be self-motivated and capable of making independent decisions and applying judgments that directly impact accuracy of reports
- Coordination across non-supervised teams is critical to overall success
What's Nice to Have
- Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder organizations
- Experience working with Costpoint
- An advanced degree is preferred
The Internal Audit team has many years of federal government contractor and consulting firm experience. The team is primarily based in Rosslyn VA and Nashville TN.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer some of the best employee benefits in the industry.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our culture values creativity and innovation. We celebrate our people and their uniqueness. We believe that collaboration is the key to opportunity and success.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we're a culture of purpose. Today, the interconnectedness of business, markets, politics, and culture requires the adoption of a unified, integrated ethos. At Deloitte, we believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want our potential candidates to feel prepared and confident. To help you ace your interview, we suggest that you do your research: Know some background about the company and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Below, you'll find links to articles that are designed to help you prepare for your interview and show us why you're the perfect hire.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview.
What we look for when first meeting candidates.
Forward-thinking questions to pose during your interview.
7 tips to ensure a strong interview.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Requisition code: E18ROSSRCAH014-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top