Internal Audit Staff
Internal Audit, Staff Auditor
Deloitte is looking for an energetic professional with outstanding analytical capabilities to join our Internal Audit team; a self-starter and enthusiastic team member who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail. As an internal audit professional, you'll be a critical part of a specialized team that performs internal audits for the Deloitte US Firm.
What You'll Do
As an Internal Audit (IA) professional, you will complete internal audits in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework. You will add value in many ways:
- You'll assist in the performance of audits relating primarily to the Deloitte U.S. Firms' client-facing business functions, national support functions (such as Independence and Real Estate), Practice Service Center activities, including primarily Finance operations, practice office operations, and affiliate operations, including internationally based operations in India, Mexico, and Germany, with the potential to expand into other global regions.
- You will develop audit programs and questionnaires designed to address identified business risks as well as operational and financial results. Assist the manager by drafting the audit reports following completion of the fieldwork portion of the reviews to concisely and accurately reflect the facts, observations, risks, and recommendations.
- You will interact with the U.S Firms' Chief Audit Executive and other Internal Audit team members. This will include working with IA management regarding evaluating and interpreting audit results, working with IA leadership in reporting to the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board, and working with the IT Audit Managing Director on coordination of IT related matters.
- You will handle status monitoring and reporting by providing regular status reports to management regarding the progress towards completion of the audit testing. Status is crucial to monitoring critical paths to completion.
- You'll be responsible for project reporting. This means interpreting audit results and developing recommendations for improvement to management; consulting with other team members on recommendations and provide input for audit reports.
- You will handle confidential data discreetly and judiciously in accordance with U.S. Firms' policies.
How You'll Grow
Due to the Internal Audit group's specialized and focused mission, our team members participate in opportunities that enhance personal and professional growth and the accomplishment of career objectives. You will act as a role model for audit team members and stay current with emerging issues affecting the internal auditing profession. Professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. We provide access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. We nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
What You'll Need
- One to three years of accounting/auditing experience through education, internships or public accounting/multi-national company.
- Moderate to advanced computer application skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of database applications (e.g., Access, SQL, and Oracle) is a plus.
- Background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environments.
- Prior experience identifying controls, developing and executing test plans.
- Written and oral communications skills necessary to work across numerous organizational units and layers, as well as required reporting to management.
- Ability to think critically, objectively, and analytically with an appropriate level of skepticism
- Apply effectively a disciplined and focused work approach; keen attention to accuracy and detail is a must.
- Bachelor's degree required. Accounting, finance, information technology, internal controls, business or related field preferred, but any degree (e.g., engineering) which promotes analytical thinking or specific knowledge of the Deloitte U.S. Firms' businesses will be considered.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar certification preferred; eligibility and plan for obtaining certification required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally. Total travel of up to approximately 25% may be required.
- Individual must be self-motivated and capable of making independent decisions and applying judgments that directly impact accuracy of reports.
What's Nice to Have
- Experience with process development (e.g. project management, policy design, etc., identifying controls, developing and executing test plans is a plus;
- Experience with data mining/analysis tools, including ACL and SAP HANA, and proven ability to perform meaningful data analytics across a wide variety of business operations and processes a plus
The Internal Audit team provides critical support to Deloitte's core business lines and global network by addressing strategic and emerging risks across the organization. Respected as a trusted advisor, the Internal Audit team provides assurance, insight and value to senior management and the Board of Directors by auditing what matters, when it matters. We are a tightly knit high-performing team, pride ourselves on exceptional service and the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships. The core team resides in the Nashville, TN area.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer some of the best employee benefits in the industry.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our culture values creativity and innovation. We celebrate our people and their uniqueness. We believe that collaboration is the key to opportunity and success. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we're a culture of purpose. Today, the interconnectedness of business, markets, politics, and culture requires the adoption of a unified, integrated ethos. At Deloitte, we believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want our potential candidates to feel prepared and confident. To help you ace your interview, we suggest that you do your research: Know some background about the company and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Below, you'll find links to articles that are designed to help you prepare for your interview and show us why you're the perfect hire.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview.
What we look for when first meeting candidates.
Forward-thinking questions to pose during your interview.
7 tips to ensure a strong interview.
Requisition code: E18HERSSRCAH005-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top