Internal Audit Senior - Risk Advisory
About Deloitte Global:
Deloitte Certified Public Accountants S.A., Deloitte Business Solutions S.A. and Deloitte Accounting Compliance & Reporting Services S.A. are the Greek member firms of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 225,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
Our Purpose & Strategy:
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
About Deloitte Greece:
In Greece, “Deloitte Certified Public Accountants S.A.” provides audit services, “Deloitte Business Solutions S.A.” financial advisory, tax and consulting services and “Deloitte Accounting Compliance & Reporting Services S.A.” accounting outsourcing services. With a staff of more than 600 and offices in Athens and Thessaloniki, Deloitte in Greece focuses on all major industries including financial services, shipping and ports, energy and resources, consumer business, life sciences and health care, manufacturing, technology, media and telecommunications, real estate and public sector services. Deloitte clients include most of the leading private and public, commercial, financial and industrial companies. For more information, please visit our website at www.deloitte.gr
Due to our continuing expansion, we are currently seeking to recruit motivated, high-caliber Professionals to join our Risk Advisory Function in Athens.
Deloitte Risk Advisory
Deloitte Risk Advisory offers a wide array of services, designed to identify and assess business and IT risks, determine acceptable risk exposure levels, design and implement controls, provide ongoing measurement / monitoring of the level of risk, provide follow-up and constant monitoring of the risk, as well as provide regulatory compliance services. We partner with clients in both an assurance and consulting capacity and based on increasing demand for our services, we are looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor to join our expanding team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Deloitte is the leading provider of risk services and therefore offers a wide array of project types and the opportunity to work on high profile projects and clients that are leaders in their industry. You will be given the opportunity to obtain a practical understanding and develop your knowledge on current internal audit practices, risk advisory and regulatory compliance services. Indicatively, the selected candidate will be involved in the following:
- Use of appropriate auditing techniques, methods and standards, including specialized audit software.
- Participate in Internal Audit engagements.
- Perform External Quality Assessments of Internal Audit units.
- Provide an independent evaluation of, and opinion on, procedures, processes, systems and controls and detail any required remedial action, where weaknesses are identified with a focus on use of regulatory requirements and best practice standards and frameworks.
- Deliver Enterprise Risk Management services.
- Participate in Sarbanes Oxley engagements.
- Participate in Compliance Review and Corporate Governance engagements.
- Prepare Internal Policies and Procedures Manuals towards establishing an effective Internal Control System Framework.
- Maintain detailed documentation of work undertaken.
- Provide guidance to / supervising internal audit teams.
- Report to engagement manager.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualification in Business, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit or other related areas.
- Professional Certification (eg. CIA, ACCA, CISA, ACA) will be considered as a plus.
- Working experience up to 5 years in a relevant position.
- Experience in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and COSO framework 2013.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Greek and English. Required English language qualification: Proficiency of Cambridge / Michigan.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge on the use of ACL will be considered as a plus.
- Army obligations fulfilled.
- Focus on delivering work of high quality.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and strive for high ethical standards at all times.
- High level of discretion for confidential work and information.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Eagerness to learn and evolve.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and capacity to work effectively within a team.
Benefits of joining our Team:
Our organization offers a highly competitive remuneration package, continuous training both in Greece and abroad, medical insurance scheme, excellent career prospects and opportunities for rapid career development.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Requisition code: GR012017-130539
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top