Insurance Technology Consultant (Guidewire/Duck Creek)
Are you someone who likes to tackle complex technical challenges? As a Consultant at Deloitte you can help create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs. A Consultant gains exposure to multiple industries while demonstrating an awareness of the full breadth of services offered by Deloitte Consulting LLP.
Work you'll do
As a Consultant you will bring considerable technical expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
- Being the lead person to interface between the clients and our Deloitte teams
- Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementation.
- Developing & reviewing system requirements, designing the solution, redefining the business, presenting the prototype, and leading the testing of our custom technology solutions
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Financial Services Practice - Insurance
As leaders in providing professional services to the insurance industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by globalization, advances in technology, regulatory changes, competition and the changing demands of their customers.
Our national cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,050 professionals, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, enterprise risk, tax, actuarial, regulatory and consulting services to a broad range of insurance companies. Our clients range in size from global to middle market insurers and include life insurers, property and casualty insurers, reinsurers and brokers.
Consultants are required to have:
- 3 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- A minimum of 1 full life cycle implementation
- Large Scale System Delivery Experience preferably for Policy Administration and/or Claims Systems
- Experience estimating and planning Large Scale System Implementations or being part of a team that had this responsibility
- Experience with Guidewire, Duck Creek, Majesco or similar package required.
- At least one year of experience working on one large Business Integration effort and project team through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing,
- Must have at least one year of experience in custom software development projects
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Guidewire Integration or Configuration certification
- Experience with Camilion preferred but not required.
- Hands-on technical expertise specifically related to Integration to complex legacy mainframe applications
- Experience delivering via an Agile/Scrum methodology
- A strong Java, Gosu, EJB, BPEL, UNIX background
- Experience with Business Process Modeling (BPM) tools, Business rules integration
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technology like BEA, Sonic, IBM, Oracle
- Strong knowledge and comprehension of standards, specifications, standards bodies (e.g., XML, UDDI, JMS, Web services, etc.)
- Experience with open source technologies such as Apache ServiceMix, FuseESB, Camel and Mule
- Strong software development methodology understanding, and have assisted in the design, development or testing of a technology integration project
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- Strong analytical and technical skills
Requisition code: E18MIDCCONAF102-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top