Insurance AAE Big Data Manager
Work you'll do
As a AAE Big Data Manager, you will focus on managing the information supply chain from acquisition to ingestion, storage and the provisioning of data to points of impact by modernizing and enabling new capabilities. Information value is enhanced through enterprise-scale applications that enable visualization, consumption and monetization of both structured and unstructured data. Big data is becoming one of the most important technology trends that has the potential for dramatically changing the way organizations use information to enhance the customer experience and transform their business models.
Deloitte Consulting's financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, real estate and investment management sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client's unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
The insurance industry is facing change on an extraordinary scale, encountering new challenges at every turn. As the industry moves forward, insurance companies must seek ways to improve profitability, while at the same time balancing the demands of regulatory change. And today everything's connected - from Strategy and Operations, to Human Capital, to Technology, that's where we can help. We bring every aspect of your business into focus – together. Our unrivaled multidisciplinary approach accompanied by comprehensive and innovative solutions can keep you ahead of the trends.
Whether you are a life insurance company, a property and casualty company, a reinsurer or broker, we help our clients meet these challenges by providing world-class strategic, financial, operational, human capital and IT services. We draw on deep insurance industry expertise to deliver results you can rely upon.
Analytics and Information Management
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Analytics and Information Management team is responsible for transforming numbers and statistics into actionable information for our clients. We help them predict, plan, and adapt their business strategies to meet real-time challenges and confidently help navigate past whatever obstacles come their way. We take a holistic approach to data and offer a broad range of integration and analytics capabilities, including: Information Delivery, Data Management and Architecture, Performance Management and Advanced Analytics Enablement. Learn more about our Analytics and Information Management practice.
- 6+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience to include Information delivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence based on data from hybrid of Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), non-relational (NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra) and relational Data Warehouses.
- 3 or more years of hands on experience with data lake implementations, core modernization and data ingestion.
- At least 3 year hands on working experience with Big data technologies; MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, Flume, YARN, Kafka, Storm etc.
- Experience working with commercial distributions of HDFS (Hortonworks, Cloudera, Pivotal HD, MapR)
- 1 or more years of hands on experience designing and implementing data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for video, voice, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data into Hadoop ecosystems and HDFS clusters.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable, distributed systems leveraging cloud computing technologies like AWS EC2, AWS Elastic Map Reduce and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with data integration products like Informatica Power Center Big Data Edition (BDE), IBM BigInsights, Talend etc Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Experience working with multi-Terabyte data sets
- Experience with Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRVS306-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top