Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities.
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) serves as a global team connecting Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners in support of client pursuits, solution development and practice development. The SNET does this by combining experts with knowledge of all major package applications and technologies (PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, Networking, Cloud & Infrastructure, etc.) with a hosted infrastructure spanning an array of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application platforms.
With nearly 10,000 Deloitte Consulting employees in more than 80 U.S. cities, we understand that people are our most precious resource. As a dynamic and leading edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills
The Cloud & Infrastructure Administrator (USDC) will be responsible for providing support for all activities related to cloud and infrastructure on the x86 platform architecture across a variety of platform and operating systems for Deloitte clients. This individual must possess a thorough understanding of cloud and infrastructure technology backed with hands-on operational experience on one or many cloud platforms. This is a client facing role local to Deloitte's Orlando based delivery center with a focus on supporting cloud and infrastructure technologies across multiple client projects.
Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide hands-on infrastructure system administration & troubleshooting expertise
- Maintain functional expertise on the latest compute, storage, networking and virtualization technologies including surrounding industry best practices
- Deliver technology advisory and implementation services that extract and maximize business value from IT investments for SNET and our clients
- Review and operational requirements with project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing support
- Develop functional prototypes, demo, testing and training environments as needed to support system administration activities
- Develop documentation for best practices as it relates to server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience administering cloud or infrastructure services across a large, diverse, server environment
- 3+ years of prior government and/or commercial consulting experience
- Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
- Demonstrated experience, training or certification with major Private Cloud platforms such as VMware vRealize, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle OVM, RedHat KVM, etc.
- In depth knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, WINS, load balancing and firewall technologies
- In depth knowledge of VMWare, HP, IBM, Cisco, VCE, Dell and other major vendor HW/SW offerings
- In-depth knowledge of directory services, authentication technologies, Active Directory/LDAP, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of system and network security best practices including governance
- Intermediate knowledge of primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, & VPC)
- Experience administering, installing, configuring and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge and Experience on basic and powershell shell scripting
- Experience using password aging as mechanism to enforce life time of passwords, permissions and managing disk quotas.
- Knowledge of configuration Management (Ansible Master and Ansible Agent installation and configuration)
- Knowledge of installing, configuring, setting up user accounts
- Experience in configuring and administering NFS, DNS, VSFTP, LDAP, NTP and HTTP on LinuxPlatform
- Experience managing and administration of Dell EMC VNX storage arrays
- Experience with change management process and creating supporting tickets in JIRA
- Experience working external vendors that manage the network, firewall, and backups
Successful Candidates Possess:
- Ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects
- Passion for emerging IT technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
- Knowledge of Architecture governance best practices and experience applying them to solve client
- Demonstrated record in leading and instilling service disciplines and team work
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
Competitive candidates for this role will possess the following:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
– Creative person with the ability to design innovative approaches to developing solutions
– Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
– Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
– Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
– Prior consulting experience desired
– A minimum of a Bachelor degree is preferred
Requisition code: E18ORLCSRCAL010-SNET
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top