Infrastructure Security Operations Leader
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Infrastructure Security Operations Leader
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
Thesenior manager of infrastructure securityoperations will plan, lead and manage the protection and security readiness of Deloitte ITS networks and hosted systems. Roles will include strategy, deployment and compliance.
Responsible for ensuring all ITS equipment and networks are configured to set standards and are continuously updated and maintained with all approved security configurations, security software/agents and patches against all internal and external threats. Scope will include managing our connection points, firewall equipment, intrusion detection/prevention systems and overall lifecycle security of deployed systems, applications, data and networks.
The leader will work with other ITS staff, leadership and directors to participate in security planning, deployment and policy agreements. The role will co-lead other initiatives and actions from other departments as required and will participate in drills and real-time events to assist with remediation, assessment and business impact consequences and significance.
This position will have organizational leadership of direct reports and shared leadership responsibilities across Infrastructure for security requirements.
Responsibility and Function:
- Leads, plans, examines, analyzes, evaluates and supervises security operations, including the physical security of networks, hardware and software.
- Creates and provides automated and systematic awareness and reporting across T&I leadership and Cyber leadership.
- Develops and implements a threat management and threat response process in conjunction with the Cyber Security for various aspects and impacts to infrastructure operations.
- Evaluates current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing activities and functions relative to security.
- Identifies and resolves security related gaps and issues.
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement.
- Coordinates activities within the Cyber Security organization.
- Prepares periodic budget estimate and reports.
- Orders equipment and supplies as needed.
- Reviews financial reports to ensure security operation efficiency and quality control.
- Develops preventative security programs, including the supervision of security personnel.
- Performs audits of security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including security equipment condition.
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of regulations, policies and procedures; develops, implements and manages security training.
- Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency planning.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, activities and security functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices.
- Initiates personnel actions such as recruitment, selections, transfers, promotions and talent related activities.
- Prepares work schedules; assigns or delegates responsibilities.
- Provides work directives for subordinates.
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational security functions.
- Interprets and distributes policy to subordinate personnel; and evaluates employee performance.
- Performs other activities as assigned.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services that meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
- Unified Communications
- Infrastructure Operations
- Office of Technology and Infrastructure
- Service Management
- Solutions Delivery
- Technology Support Services
- Visual Technology and Solutions
- Cloud Solutions Center
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic and Operations Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Proven track record
- Required - up to 20%
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in information security, information technology sciences, project management, business administration and/or equivalent number of years of experience, and/or 10 years full-time experience performing supervisory responsibilities or highly responsible work relating to tasks assigned to this position, or any combination of education and experience provided the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree in business administration, criminal justice, law enforcement, security or a closely related field.
- Cyber Security Programs
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMHG009-ITL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top