Infrastructure Engineer Specialist
Job Description (High Level)
We are transforming our IT Operations on a global basis and are looking for an engineer with solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, and Internet fundamentals and a superior knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in Data Protection, Active Directory Management, with experience in managing medium to large environments.
Our mission is to deliver services that matter and achieve and sustain operational excellence. You will be at the heart of fulfilling our mission by working closely with our DevOps teams and being able to troubleshoot all aspects of the mentioned areas effectively, understand the product configuration, flow and logging in detail. You should fully understand operating system configurations, tuning and customization as well as networking & storage infrastructures.
The role requires advanced to mastery skills that enable the individual to deliver a high level of service and to meet the expectation from the business and our users. It also requires a solid understanding of an enterprise IT infrastructure operational environment and industry trends & best practices. You should have an expert level of automation experience including PowerShell and working with API's (REST, SOAP, etc.).
You should be someone excited with the challenge of bringing new thinking to operations, is passionate about imagining and implementing improvements, and relentlessly pursues excellence. You should be a deep and broad technical expert who can build trusting relationships across teams.
- Ongoing management, maintenance and innovations of Data Protection tools (SCDPM), Active Directory and Anti-Virus Management.
- Support and facilitate the Incident Management process through collaboration with the Global Network Operations Center.
- Manage and maintain operations and maintenance for the suite of tools that the Data Protection Team look after in line with Change Management processes.
- Routinely review services the team provide to ensure reliability, stability and security
- A strong desire to produce quality work, adopt standards and adhere to those standards
- Facilitate and implement continual improvement to provide ongoing value of the services the team provide to the business
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of relevant tools to support the business in meeting customer expectations and service requirements
- Clear understanding on how Automation can help improve efficiencies and customer expectation
- Proven track record in managing, maintaining and developing complex automation solutions to enhance service delivery
- Identify opportunities to further enhance customer service and service delivery through automation and analytics
- Extensive experience in the use of PowerShell/SOAP API/Rest API to reduce manual efforts and drive consistency
- Accountable for execution according to established standards, procedures, and processes
- Respond to and manage service issues and problems
- Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the Information Security Management
- Report any breaches in information security or policies
The candidate is expected to regularly communicate with a wide variety of people and must be confident and capable of communicating at different levels both internally and externally. The candidate must demonstrate a flexible and responsive attitude to service delivery and customer service, possess a desire to automate and innovate, and be able to positively participate in a team of team's culture.
- Bachelor's Degree (or 7+ years' experience in a medium to large Microsoft shop) in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
- Microsoft Qualifications - Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist(MCTS), Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
Knowledge, Abilities and Skill Expectations
- In-depth knowledge in PowerShell and working with API's
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including technologies such as Active Directory, Network Policy Services, Volume Shadow Copy Services.
- In-depth knowledge of 1 or more System Center products (preferably SCDPM)
- In-depth knowledge of Backup and Replication technologies including both on and off premises.
- Experience with SDLC tools, such as Jira, Git, VSTS, TFS, etc.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft SQL Servers and Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of datacenter infrastructure
- Experience working in an environment that has embraced a DevOps approach to service delivery is a huge plus!
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starter, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Detailed understanding and ability to operate within a process-driven organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively to peers all the way up to C-suite members of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Sensitivity and cultural awareness is essential as the role will involve contact with a variety of people around the globe.
- Discipline and experience in recognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail is essential.
US-Based Positions Notice: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE18USAGTS004BS0831
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top