Infrastructure Advisory & Contestability - Manager (Brisbane)
Deloitte's Infrastructure Advisory & Contestability team is comprised of multidisciplinary specialists that provide services throughout the entire life cycle of infrastructure and government service delivery projects. In this role, you will be joining a team that creatively works through complex issues to provide a fresh approach to support clients in meeting their objectives.
About our team
Deloitte's Infrastructure Advisory & Contestability team is made up of multidisciplinary specialists with experience and qualifications in corporate finance, economics, investments, engineering, construction, law, accounting, strategy, project management and planning. We advise Public and Private sector organisations with the assessment and review of how services are, and can be, delivered, and the assessment, review and development of economic and social infrastructure.
Our small and diverse team in Brisbane has a high level of client interaction and provides policy and strategy development for clients, assessment of project feasibility, development of compelling business cases, design and delivery of innovative contestability processes, review of government service delivery, driving capital efficiency and enhancing service delivery outcomes. Our team works across service and capital projects relating to transport (road, rail, ports), freight and logistics, property, utilities and social infrastructure.
About the role
As a Manager, you will work closely with the Partners, Directors and other team members to win and deliver high quality and innovative services to help solve our clients' most pressing strategic, financial and commercial challenges.
Your experience, including in applying strong quantitative skills to projects and programs to develop robust financial analyses and the ability to present the outcomes of this analysis effectively, will allow you to play an integral role in supporting the successful delivery of high quality engagements. You will also be supported in developing your own skills to grow your career while being challenged to:
- Support the delivery of interesting Public and Private engagements across a range of industries including transport, health and infrastructure
- Engage directly with our clients to understand and define their requirements and manage our client engagements
- Use your commercial, financial, procurement, transactional or economic experience to play a leading role in the delivery of client engagements spanning strategic, financial and commercial advice as well as quantitative and financial modelling and analysis, procurement structuring and negotiation of commercial terms through to contractual and/ or financial close
- Develop your own technical skills, internal and external networks and support business development initiatives.
You will bring to the role applicable tertiary qualifications and at least 4 - 7 years' relevant experience in industry (operational, commercial and/ or, advisory), preferably in either a consulting or advisory environment, with specific skills in:
- Developing quantitative and qualitative analysis to support decision making for projects and programs of work
- Applying analytical frameworks using either commercial, financial, economic and other problem solving skills
- Drafting well-structured, evidence based and persuasive reports (both word and power point) suitable for a variety of audiences including government and industry
- Managing staff and projects to ensure the successful delivery of high quality engagement outputs on time and within budget
- Supporting business development activities that contribute to the growth of the business.
Other experience that would be highly regarded includes:
- Commercial evaluation and negotiations,
- Financial and operational due diligence,
- Market assessments including market sounding and / or stakeholder engagement
- Privatisations, divestments and procurement models (e.g. PPPs)
- Business case development and / or program evaluation
- Developing effective relationships
- Specialised industry sector exposure
- Working with Government or consulting to Government.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. Regarding this role, you can contact Juliette Jamoneau via the Our Recruiters section on our careers website.
Requisition code: AUEXP133654
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top