Information Technology Services Intern–Technology and Infrastructure Video Network Operations Center-Hermitage (Summer 2017)
An internship with Information Technology Services (ITS) will kick start your career journey. Throughout our internship program, you'll gain real business experience working on IT projects, build upon your skillset (both technical and soft skills), and expand your network. Immersing yourself in our culture, you will learn what it takes to succeed within a professional services firm and along the way, you will discover exciting career opportunities in IT.
Work you'll do
You will be responsible for performing duties in the roles of Video Network Operations Center (VNOC) Incident Management and Engineering. The roles performed will be based on both your skill level and training provided on site and can include:
- Support technical and non-technical users of Deloitte's Lync infrastructure
- Develop internal staff documents for event analysis, troubleshooting support, network infrastructure documentation and maintenance procedures
- Initiate and lead triage calls with other support channels not physically located in the VNOC to achieve prompt incident and problem resolution
- Proactively monitor service desk queue for incidents/problems
- Operate monitoring tools to prevent and resolve incident/problems
- Maintain communication with Customer Service Leader regarding incidents/problems
- Work with 3rd party vendors as needed for timely incident/problem resolution
- Support the development and administration of production applications
As an Information Technology Services intern, you'll have the opportunity to work in one of four ITS Service Lines: Deloitte Applications Studios (DAS), Technology and Infrastructure (T&I), CyberSecurity, or Technology Management Operations (TMO). Here you'll get the chance to work with an experienced team on projects that will build on your technical and business skills and help our clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value. Depending on your role, you'll will have the opportunity to engage in cyber risk detection and prevention, web/mobile application design and development, web hosting, database administration and management, and overall business operations.
Our ITS culture embraces diversity, inspires innovation, and supports everyone in maximizing their potential in and out of the workplace. You'll be joining a team of highly talented people who collaborate to deliver cutting edge technology solutions; whether you're developing custom enterprise applications or providing IT infrastructure and support, you'll play a critical role in helping our business stay ahead of the curve. We have the analytical skills needed to parse mountains of data, the technical proficiency to deliver custom solutions, and the interpersonal skills to present our thoughts to technical and non-technical audiences in logical and meaningful ways.
- Candidate for a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Communications (sophomore or junior standing)
- Willing to reside in the Nashville, Tennessee greater area for the duration of the internship
- Ability to effectively communicate written and verbal to all levels within the organizations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask under pressure and project deadline
- Knowledge of MS office and Skype for Business/Lync
- Strong problem solving skills with proven ability to influence and negotiate outside of a reporting relationship
- Identify, analyze, and drive problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams
- Streaming event support will require the ability to lift and carry heavy objects up to 40 lbs
- Strong academic track record (minimum 3.2 GPA)
How you'll grow
Throughout the internship program, we want to give you a true taste of life at Deloitte. That means a lot of support - both formal and informal - right from the start. Guided by coaches and mentors who can help you to learn more about Deloitte and your opportunities, you'll gain real-world experience working on meaningful projects. Beyond this exposure to "real life" projects, the program also delivers a variety of national and local learning and networking events. Our regularly scheduled learning and networking opportunities are designed to help you develop technical and leadership skills and help you begin building your professional network. Learn more about the internship program.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: S17PSCSI18JUNTB-VN
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top